• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    McHenrySnow
    Newest Member
    McHenrySnow

Observations of snow, sleet, freezing rain Sun-Tue Dec 1-2-early 3

DP up 2 to 17, wind is moving around to the ESE from the ENE it's been all day up till now and it's moderate to heavy sleet now and starting to accumulate. It just got dark too so I'm guessing that the cloud deck is thickening due to convection somewhere close.

Sleet/freezing rain changed to sleet/snow in Middletown (Orange County). A power line went down on E.Main St a block away from me and the roads are terrible. Stay safe.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tatamy said:

Checked the cameras back in Bethlehem.  A mix of rain sleet snow and freezing rain.  Becoming icy there.

Looks like my other home in Carbon County, near Penn Forest Township is the furthest south county that has all snow?  My home there is 2,000 ft asl so that helps.

• Like 1

Light freezing rain, to sleet, back to freezing rain, now plain rain here in Garwood NJ (Central Union County)

Tough sell for accumulating snow tomorrow?

Dec01 001.jpg

6 minutes ago, Dark Star said:

Light freezing rain, to sleet, back to freezing rain, now plain rain here in Garwood NJ (Central Union County)

Tough sell for accumulating snow tomorrow?

Dec01 001.jpg

After a little lull up here on the mountain, we had about 1/2 hr of freezing rain. Now all sleet and starting to change to snow.

• Like 2

The roads are absolutely treacherous here in Hardyston Township, Sussex County NJ.   It is 25 degrees with moderate to heavy sleet and now some snow mixing in.  I live on steep hill and even four wheel drive pickup trucks can't make it up the hill and an Enterprise rental truck was stuck for 30 minutes  and the driver was lucky enough to be able to back down the hill to an intersection and turn the truck.  it was a masterful job  by the driver to get back down the hill because he was sliding all over the place it was pretty scary.  As I was typing the sleet just flipped to heavy snow.

• Like 2

https://www.spc.noaa.gov/exper/mesoanalysis/new/archiveviewer.php?sector=16&parm=tran#

WB.png.098ab0d9fc05498a6e3f9501fcdc347f.png

wet bulb temp guidance

a quick inch or two of snow is possible north of that temp prog line

Wet-bulb temperature. The wet-bulb temperature (WBT) is the temperature read by a thermometer covered in water-soaked cloth (wet-bulb thermometer) over which air is passed. At 100% relative humidity, the wet-bulb temperature is equal to the air temperature (dry-bulb temperature) and it is lower at lower humidity.

• Like 1

Hunterdon County. 90% sleet, 10% snow or graupel. Everything with a solid iced coating. Sleet accumulating.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Doorman said:

https://www.spc.noaa.gov/exper/mesoanalysis/new/archiveviewer.php?sector=16&parm=tran#

WB.png.098ab0d9fc05498a6e3f9501fcdc347f.png

wet bulb temp guidance

a quick inch or two of snow is possible north of that temp prog line

Wet-bulb temperature. The wet-bulb temperature (WBT) is the temperature read by a thermometer covered in water-soaked cloth (wet-bulb thermometer) over which air is passed. At 100% relative humidity, the wet-bulb temperature is equal to the air temperature (dry-bulb temperature) and it is lower at lower humidity.

based on that definition, the wet bulb temperature seems to be same as the dew point?