Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Monday 12/2 Threat Disco

40/70 Benchmark

Just now, Greg said:

Be cautious with the Euro right now The trends so far have been further south tracks. The EPS ensembles look good but be cautious. I'll be very interesting to see the 00Z Euro.

The WAA portion has been a non factor here for several days, Its been about the second part, See above post.

• Like 1

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Euro was prolonged too. We’ll see if we can was it away next few cycles.

Thankfully we are still like ~40 hours away from when this second part materializes so there is still plenty of wiggle room. If everything continues to align in this direction though with overnight guidance it will be extremely concerning. 

Just now, Hoth said:

Amen, Wolf. And yet I keep getting flashbacks to that static subby hole in southern RI in March '13. It happens. Heck, it happened to me two years ago when Ray got his 30" and I got like 2.5". Let's hope it's wrong.

Ya A snow/subsidence Hole is one thing....but the whole State of CT?  While the Hudson valley to our west, and NYC to our SW, and NJ to our SW. and western Mass to our north, and Boston to our NE all get whaled?  That just seems like the ultimate cosmic Dildo for an entire State-not just a 10 -15 mile Snow hole.  I mean absolutely everything would have to go wrong for that to ever happen..everything.  And that’s as rare as needing everything To go absolutely right. 

Even in Boxing Day I did ok relatively speaking with that mess..just never got into the absolute crazy stuff(after being forecasted to) and ended up with about a foot.  But this is showing practically nothing for the whole state of CT From rnd 2??  I just don’t buy it with so much uncertainty on the second round. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, WinterWolf said:

Ya A snow/subsidence Hole is one thing....but the whole State of CT?  While the Hudson valley to our west, and NYC to our SW, and NJ to our SW. and western Mass to our north, and Boston to our NE all get whaled?  That just seems like the ultimate cosmic Dildo for an entire State-not just a 10 -15 mile Snow hole.  I mean absolutely everything would have to go wrong for that to ever happen..everything.  And that’s as rare as needing everything To go absolutely right. 

Even in Boxing Day I did ok relatively speaking with that mess..just never got into the absolute crazy stuff(after being forecasted to) and ended up with about a foot.  But this is showing practically nothing for the whole state of CT From rnd 2??  I just don’t buy it with so much uncertainty on the second round. 

Thankfully it's the NAM. But all the models seem to have that look to some degree, so let's just hope this keeps ticking SE and gets us back in the goods.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WinterWolf said:

Well, it is a small state......

looks like box has some narrow goal posts in mass relative to some of the clown map distributions in their current probability map.

3 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

I don't think it can be totally discounted if such an intense materialized...there would be some serious subsidence and with dry air involved and no lift...going to be tough to generate precip.

Anyways...let's not forget this front end...we could do extremely well with that. Look at the NAMNEST (18z) for BDL...that's some serious lift into the DZG prior to the flip. 

image.thumb.png.f8e259bd8ea00ef44211564cc0b84c2d.png

Just now, moneypitmike said:

Well, it is a small state......

looks like box has some narrow goal posts in mass relative to some of the clown map distributions in their current probability map.

Small state yes...but not for heavy precip literally all around it , to just miss completely like that NAM run showed.  No way.

1 minute ago, mahk_webstah said:

Good to know.  Decidedly unenthusiastic forecast in terms of large totals in the afternoon package.  I was surprised but maybe the SE ticks are going to be real.

I just think there's no real confidence to get excited in big totals, especially on the northern edge of the watches up here. Either the WAA or deformation could bust for us and leave it an advisory event.

1 minute ago, OceanStWx said:

I just think there's no real confidence to get excited in big totals, especially on the northern edge of the watches up here. Either the WAA or deformation could bust for us and leave it an advisory event.

Or both then we would have to cancel winter...............:lol:

1 minute ago, OceanStWx said:

I'm sure it is the right call for now, but we've had days and days of model runs of over 6 and many many over 12...but I know how this goes in this particular area of Merrimack County.  Agree with Brian that this will be interesting to watch develop on radar...surprises that are hopefully good for man.  I feel like Jeff and you could have a big upside surprise if it slows and bombs in the GOM.  Such fun so early!

6 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

I'm sure it is the right call for now, but we've had days and days of model runs of over 6 and many many over 12...but I know how this goes in this particular area of Merrimack County.  Agree with Brian that this will be interesting to watch develop on radar...surprises that are hopefully good for man.  I feel like Jeff and you could have a big upside surprise if it slows and bombs in the GOM.  Such fun so early!

I don't pay too much attention to snow output, because models struggle with QPF, especially when dry slotting occurs. Confidence is definitely highest in the Monadnocks to potentially cash in on both parts of the storm, but otherwise I could see much of our watch not needing warnings, or I could see it expanding.