Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monday 12/2 Threat Disco

40/70 Benchmark

Just now, SnowGoose69 said:

And it seems the maturing of the surface and ULLs has trended a bit faster today.  No question we saw on yesterday's runs that process was getting delayed which led to some of the dud model runs 

I disagree....opposite, which is why the best dynamics have been extending further ne.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but overall, trends have been better for most folks today?  Even those south of the Pike - yes it doesn't look favorable for much, BUT, we're talking about shifts of 25 miles on where the reforming low tracks that would make all the difference in getting the warmth out of the midlevels.  I'm still expecting 2" of slop at my house but there's still a lot to be positive about for a snowstorm on 12/1.

Definitely an entertaining first storm of the year for SNE, regardless of outcome.

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Ratios in any Monday night/Tuesday deal going bonkers would prob be really good (like the NAM scenario)...of course, believing a "bonkers" scenario actually happening is an entirely different debate. 

It's actually a beautiful thing to watch the explicit modeled ratios blossom as the deformation band starts cranking after 12z Tue. The NAM goes from a general 8-10:1 to a nice stripe of 15:1.