Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

40 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

We just assume everything south of RT 4 (RUT to VSF) is Massachusetts...basically the lower half of VT should be MA.

I was up in Bangor a couple weeks back. They refer to everything from Portland south as "northern Massachusetts".

23 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Thermals, BDL ORH Laconia. Colder at all thre longer duration high RH.

BA0440D0-2055-4D69-A06A-513D699F9426.png

Aside from not being able to decipher these at all, does anyone else find these reminiscent of the Nazi's melting in Raiders of the Lost Ark?

14 minutes ago, dryslot said:

And then we go by region...........

Newarea2.png

That's actually very useful for many in this forum.

10 minutes ago, mostman said:

Just letting everyone know. My landscapers haven’t come to do leaf cleanup yet. Given the chance of snow, I just went out there and did the bulk of it. So, with that, you can now expect overcast skies and a high of 40 on Monday. Sorry snow lovers. 

Here in Worcester, you just put the leaves in the street and the city takes them away.  Well, they haven't come to my street yet.  Not sure what to expect if we get snow.

BAA4B658-3227-4C27-A43E-1AEF71BFC74E.jpeg

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, moneypitmike said:

Not what I wanted to wake up to........I fear this one might be slipping through our fingers--at least for most of the board with things (outside EPS) shifting warmer.

Then again, it's only Wednesday.  Still plenty of time.

When folks speak of the EPS are they speaking of the mean?  If so, can you see the individual members' tracks to also see the dispersion?  I can see them on the GEFS (and they suck).

You can (or should) with most paid subscriptions. But this is a good point when it comes to ensemble forecasting as well. 

The mean tells you something, but the spread or postage stamps can be very instructive too. Even with a 51 member ensemble a big bomb or two is enough to skew the mean.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Here in Worcester, you just put the leaves in the street and the city takes them away.  Well, they haven't come to my street yet.  Not sure what to expect if we get snow.

BAA4B658-3227-4C27-A43E-1AEF71BFC74E.jpeg

Wow that’s handy if they actually come before the first plowable storm. I just push mine to the woods-line and then, under the cover of darkness, push it all into the woods. What leaves?

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Gets plowed back onto your lawn and frozen underneath a concrete layer of snow/ice until -April. 

That happened in December 1992. They were late picking up the leaves in ORH that year and then 32 inches of snow (that started as rain) fell and the roads were an epic disaster for the rest of the winter with frozen leaves in the snowbanks taking up extra room.