Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I am so happy everyone appreciates high pressure. 

Nosing into northern Maine that run. Zero percent chance the interior would sniff freezing on that setup. A little more and the coast can start partying too...they get into it somewhat there but would need a little more to stay all frozen. 

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Nosing into northern Maine that run. Zero percent chance the interior would sniff freezing on that setup. A little more and the coast can start partying too...they get into it somewhat there but would need a little more to stay all frozen. 

Party starts if it still shows it at 0z  tomorrow  night

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Wasn't Colucci "high pressure's are sexy too"?

Just now, ineedsnow said:

Party starts if it still shows it at 0z  tomorrow  night

If it trends better between now and 00z tomorrow night then yeah, I think it's about time to party. That would be like 72 hours out from start time...but if we hold steady, it might be a bit premature...that's pucker time in the next few runs after that. This run looks good for interior but it's still cutting it close. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OceanStWx said:

Wasn't Colucci "high pressure's are sexy too"?

Ha yes. You get multiple Colucci hits when looking up literature on anticyclones. (Colucci '87 et al, Colucci '80 et al, etc...lol)

My other favorite is "I'm fond of saying that it doesn't snow in Ithaca on a southeast wind"

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

If it trends better between now and 00z tomorrow night then yeah, I think it's about time to party. That would be like 72 hours out from start time...but if we hold steady, it might be a bit premature...that's pucker time in the next few runs after that. This run looks good for interior but it's still cutting it close. 

Some of the individual  members are beast.. 

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

Everything is already on the west coast and there's no tricky phases to worry about. Maybe that helps the accuracy?

Yeah that probably helps for sure. There's still a bunch of stuff downstream in the arctic and subarctic that I thought it might treat differently, but i guess not enough to cause a drastically different solution. 

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah that probably helps for sure. There's still a bunch of stuff downstream in the arctic and subarctic that I thought it might treat differently, but i guess not enough to cause a drastically different solution. 

I remember how terrible it was back in 09-10 with the raging -NAO that was on the edge of its domain. At least now its domain is expanded out a bit more out to W Europe and Scandinavia.