Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

3 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

The area did get screwed over last December with a system that was too far south, and given how eerily similar the pattern has been, more southerly trends wouldn't surprise me. 

That's a lot of troughiness over eastern Canada despite the dying block. 

I do agree with you regarding the similiar pattern.

If the GFS were to verify verbatim, that would be really cool from a meteorological standpoint.  The Day 7 threat is associated with the near record strength storm coming ashore in Oregon tomorrow.  Then it produces a blizzard in the northern plains.  Followed by our modeled storm day 7.

Not too many single storm systems have that type of impact from coast to coast.  I can't recall any......thoughts?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

If the GFS were to verify verbatim, that would be really cool from a meteorological standpoint.  The Day 7 threat is associated with the near record strength storm coming ashore in Oregon tomorrow.  Then it produces a blizzard in the northern plains.  Followed by our modeled storm day 7.

Not too many single storm systems have that type of impact from coast to coast.  I can't recall any......thoughts?

Didn't someone have a theory on where the low enters the west coast, it will leave at the same lat on the east coast?

33 minutes ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

Didn't March 1993 have coast to coast effects, just further south?