Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

52 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Takes an anomoulous pattern/setup to drop siggy snows in SNE befor mid Dec.

Doesn’t need to be very anomalous at any point in December.  For 2 feet in October in the other hand.....

4 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

EPS hugger, quick WAA couple of inches , rain,to maybe a backside inch. 

That would suck.

1 minute ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

What’s to be excited about there? Doesn’t scream anomalous.  That screams climo.  Gimme % of >8” and that’s what I’m talking about.  Takes something special to pull that off this early.

Exactly, who is excited by that other than a bunch of posters who aren’t AEMATT

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Why?

You are leagues ahead of me with sensible wx knowledge, I was just going on climo experience and staring at a bunch of multiple hour model runs today.  What I saw was coastal hugger or a slightly suppressed push E and weak dynamics with the perfect BM solution being a more tenuous resolve. 

I have not bought my winter model subscription so I don’t see high res hour by hour so I am detail ignorant.  I am just trying to learn and have fun at the end of the day.

edit: to clarify I looked at a bunch of 500 and 700mb maps trying to look for trends. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

You are leagues ahead of me with sensible wx knowledge, I was just going on climo experience and staring at a bunch of multiple hour model runs today.  What I saw was coastal hugger or a slightly suppressed push E and weak dynamics with the perfect BM solution being a more tenuous resolve. 

I have not bought my winter model subscription so I don’t see high res hour by hour so I am detail ignorant.  I am just trying to learn and have fun at the end of the day.

edit: to clarify I looked at a bunch of 500 and 700mb maps trying to look for trends. 

I'm not leagues ahead of you. Your guess is as good as mine. I was just asking.

45 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

This is what ENE climo does to snow chances Dec 1 to 4

And people here were complaining about heated walkways at ski areas...imagine they started clearing the parking lots with this thing. 

Anyways our eventual system is impressive on the west coast, not every day you see a 974mb pressure in OR in November.

https://www.wrh.noaa.gov/mesowest/timeseries.php?sid=K4S1&num=72&banner=gmap&raw=0&w=325

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

You’re always solid. And I’m a fan of the bolded.  

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

And your post has this written all over.... :weenie:

I’ll be the first one to admit I am a :weenie: but the front end snow always get warm modeled. So even if we get say an inch or two off that, it will probably be just light snow showers in my opinion... though, once the low redevelops the snows will crank up from philly to boston! Very typical Boston gets buried in my opinion!

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1