Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Euro was relatively bad in Jan16 for the north of Balt crowd. It had nothing north of Philly even at D2. gfs was also south. Nam had the north idea although it was too bullish. 

Yeah I remember the big changes with the northern edge of precip, especially when you are being fringed 24 hrs to gametime. I was thinking more on the lines of picking up on a long duration snowstorm, well in advanced....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spanks45 said:

Yeah I remember the big changes with the northern edge of precip, especially when you are being fringed 24 hrs to gametime. I was thinking more on the lines of picking up on a long duration snowstorm, well in advanced....

Oh the long duration was well modeled across the board iirc, yea. 

8 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Euro was relatively bad in Jan16 for the north of Balt crowd. It had nothing north of Philly even at D2. gfs was also south. Nam had the north idea although it was too bullish. 

It wasn’t bullish for us. Regardless euro is still king but nam has been a bit better lately. I don’t mind the gfs but it does get things wrong a lot. For the upcoming event though models start picking it up and kinda sticking to it because of the longevity of the event. It seems more difficult for models to pick up fast and strong systems. I just want a 36 inch snow event this year and I’ll be contend

1 minute ago, NYCweatherNOW said:

It wasn’t bullish for us. Regardless euro is still king but nam has been a bit better lately. I don’t mind the gfs but it does get things wrong a lot. For the upcoming event though models start picking it up and kinda sticking to it because of the longevity of the event. It seems more difficult for models to pick up fast and strong systems. I just want a 36 inch snow event this year and I’ll be contend

Just 3 feet at once huh, not a problem 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Block stronger this run, should lead to a colder solution. Regardless, we have a shot at something. Hopefully Euro can keep improving so Ryan’s first alert can be upgraded to final alerts and warnings. 

Lol better hope its not so strong its a Scooter streak and then its FA cancel

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Spanks45 said:

and the storm lasted an extra 6 hours even beyond what close-in models predicted, which is how we got 30"+ right at the coast.  My favorite storm of all time for this area.

5 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

My favorite storm of all time, the bulls eye was Allentown to Morris Plains to JFK all with over 30" of snow and 3" LE!  We had 6+ hours of true blizzard conditions with it.  I have 64 GB of photos and videos from that storm!