Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

4 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Primary being so far north this time of year can mean some problems. Also timing looks to be more of Monday issue. Lots of time to sort it all out. It will change all week

Absolutely. Let’s get the primary to rot far west in the Lakes so the secondary keeps us on the cold side. This has SWFE with secondary assist written all over it as currently modeled though. Heavy snow on the Cape while DIT pings?  Lol

4 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Looks like a preliminary heads up to me...

A week ahead heads up. To what end does this serve though, seriously would like your opinion on that. It makes people who have to travel anxious imho when it’s not needed, yet. There is plenty of time to relay a message.I am not alone in thinking 6 day first alerts are pushing it though What do you think the GP will remember if it whiffs or cuts? Mets wonder why they get so much grief by the GP.

6 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

A week ahead heads up. To what end does this serve though, seriously would like your opinion on that. It makes people who have to travel anxious imho when it’s not needed, yet. There is plenty of time to relay a message.I am not alone in thinking 6 day first alerts are pushing it though What do you think the GP will remember if it whiffs or cuts? Mets wonder why they get so much grief by the GP.

When there is nothing else on the horizon, I routinely make general speculation at extended leads...did it yesterday. I don't consider that hype.

To each their own-

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

if the public can’t decipher the bullet points on the side of that graph and digest them w/out panicking they must struggle mightily in life .

• Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

Absolutely. Let’s get the primary to rot far west in the Lakes so the secondary keeps us on the cold side. This has SWFE with secondary assist written all over it as currently modeled though. Heavy snow on the Cape while DIT pings?  Lol

Yea, I, think any big fish waits until at least mid December.

3 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

if the public can’t decipher the bullet points on the side of that graph and digest them w/out panicking they must struggle mightily in life .

Alot depends on the verbiage...I mean, "blizzard possible next week"...is hype. Ryan was just flagging storminess with potential for wintery outcomes.

Ginxy needs to take out his frustration like when Scooter throws furniture in his basement ala 2015. 

Id say take a chain saw to that fallen tree in the backyard but I wanna make sure your back isn't stressed too much. Maybe throw on the leaf blower backpack and just spray all those dog dookies over the fence. Send 'em flying through the air. 

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

We might as well have 6 day first alerts warning of 60 mph wind gusts.  :lmao:

7 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

When there is nothing else on the horizon, I routinely make general speculation at extended leads...did it yesterday. I don't consider that hype.

To each their own-

You don’t have a million viewers though, it’s labeled as First Alert, that’s why it’s hype. Meant to keep viewers coming back

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Ginxy needs to take out his frustration like when Scooter throws furniture in his basement ala 2015. 

Id say take a chain saw to that fallen tree in the backyard but I wanna make sure your back isn't stressed too much. Maybe throw on the leaf blower backpack and just spray all those dog dookies over the fence. Send 'em flying through the air. 

I can barely walk a hundred feet Will but can change shit diapers if you need me to in exchange for you cutting up my trees. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

To be fair, Ryan was not pimping it. Given the long weekend and high travels, he just sprinkled it at the end of his broadcast. I don’t think it’s worth getting angry over it. 

Yeah it was a pretty brief mention lol 

Not sure what Ginx's problem is... it's like 6 days out. 

36 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

You don’t have a million viewers though, it’s labeled as First Alert, that’s why it’s hype. Meant to keep viewers coming back

Well, that is the objective of TV programming after all. I just don’t see his first alert nor his programming in general as being strictly motivated by it. 

37 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

I can't. I mean it's could be a wintry mix... we'll have to watch it. And of course people should come back and keep an eye on it if they have plans. Of all the mets in the world who hype sh*t I think it's funny that you're coming at me. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

He has me raining, that’s real news.

He never said that.. I watched him tonight. What he said was the track is not set in stone, and a lot can happen between now and the weekend. He just wanted everybody prepared for the possibility of something because of the travel day back from the holiday. Also, he never said it's going to rain where you are. He didn't say rain in Southbury. He mentioned that add of right now..there is a chance of wintry precip. Let's keep it real man. 

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Long duration idea beginning to creep in. 

I know it is early, but it would be nice to track something in December. Even if it isn't a massive blizzard, 4-8 inches across the entire region would be nice. I know its the ICON, but it does have a similar look to the GFS. Did the GFS and a few other models pickup on that Mid Atlantic blizzard in 2016 like 5 days out? That has a transient Greenland block if I recall....

Just now, Snowcrazed71 said:

He never said that.. I watched him tonight. What he said was the track is not set in stone, and a lot can happen between now and the weekend. He just wanted everybody prepared for the possibility of something because of the travel day back from the holiday. Also, he never said it's going to rain where you are. He didn't say rain in Southbury. He mentioned that add of right now..there is a chance of wintry precip. Let's keep it real man. 

Clearly the sarcasm went way over your head.

6 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

I can't. I mean it's could be a wintry mix... we'll have to watch it. And of course people should come back and keep an eye on it if they have plans. Of all the mets in the world who hype sh*t I think it's funny that you're coming at me. 

I cant remember you ever putting out a 6 day map like that with a first alert. A mention of a chance of rain or snow. Hey you do you man. I can disagree without coming at you. Sorry to offend your sensibilities but just calling it as I see it. 

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

I cant remember you ever putting out a 6 day map like that with a first alert. A mention of a chance of rain or snow. Hey you do you man. I can disagree without coming at you. Sorry to offend your sensibilities but just calling it as I see it. 

Oh, I've done it quite often for big storms modeled 6 or 7 days out. There's no alert or anything. 

It's a heads up - I'm sure my bosses would be thrilled if I hyped the hell out of it but I have no interest in doing that. I also had that graphic as like the 8th in my show out of 12 or 13... so I'm not even leading with it. 

• Like 1

Just now, Spanks45 said:

I know it is early, but it would be nice to track something in December. Even if it isn't a massive blizzard, 4-8 inches across the entire region would be nice. I know its the ICON, but it does have a similar look to the GFS. Did the GFS and a few other models pickup on that Mid Atlantic blizzard in 2016 like 5 days out? That has a transient Greenland block if I recall....

Euro was relatively bad in Jan16 for the north of Balt crowd. It had nothing north of Philly even at D2. gfs was also south. Nam had the north idea although it was too bullish. 

• Like 1