Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November Banter 2019

George BM

1 hour ago, Bob Chill said:

lol. Nah, not at all. It just is what it is around here. We spend more time discussing things that aren't real more than real stuff. At least most years. I still can't believe we haven't had a region wide 6-12" yet. I mean wtf man. It's a disaster. 

I just had back surgery and can walk without pain for the first time in years. I can't wait to shovel some snow :maprain:

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

I just had back surgery and can walk without pain for the first time in years. I can't wait to shovel some snow :maprain:

Back pain is a bitch. I had to get an MRI back in 2008 due to chronic sciatic nerve pain (I didn't know what was going on other than a hot knife stabbing my hamstring daily). Mod degeneration of L3-4-5 and impingement on my sciatic nerve. I've managed it for 10 years but at some point I'm going under the knife too. Next step is steroid injections and when they stop working I get to have fusion surgery. I'm actually much better than I was in 2008 but that's just because of phys therapy/weight loss/posture etc. There is no real cure as I'm sure you already know. 

I'm surprised I've made it this long without steroids. The weird thing about nerve pain is exercise like biking/hiking/swimming provides relief. My days are numbered though. I'll keep buying time until the inevitable. It's my own fault though. Between football as a teen and being a ski bum in my 20's I did some damage. No regrets 

Just now, Bob Chill said:

Back pain is a bitch. I had to get an MRI back in 2008 due to chronic sciatic nerve pain (I didn't know what was going on other than a hot knife stabbing my hamstring daily). Mod degeneration of L3-4-5 and impingement on my sciatic nerve. I've managed it for 10 years but at some point I'm going under the knife too. Next step is steroid injections and when they stop working I get to have fusion surgery. I'm actually much better than I was in 2008 but that's just because of phys therapy/weight loss/posture etc. There is no real cure as I'm sure you already know. 

I'm surprised I've made it this long without steroids. The weird thing about nerve pain is exercise like biking/hiking/swimming provides relief. My days are numbered though. I'll keep buying time until the inevitable. 

Dude I got stem cell injections and a lamenectomy. I'm trying to avoid the fusion so hopefully the stem cells do their job. Radical stuff but I'm hopeful.  Good luck to you because I know your pain...my nerves were crushed because of collapsed discs plus stenosis and I also had a cyst. My spine doctor said how are you walking...I'm like is that what I'm doing lol.

Get the relief man...its wonderful 

1 minute ago, leesburg 04 said:

Dude I got stem cell injections and a lamenectomy. I'm trying to avoid the fusion so hopefully the stem cells do their job. Radical stuff but I'm hopeful.  Good luck to you because I know your pain...my nerves were crushed because of collapsed discs plus stenosis and I also had a cyst. My spine doctor said how are you walking...I'm like is that what I'm doing lol.

Get the relief man...its wonderful 

Yea, I don't like thinking about it. I've been successful so far just by being smart about it. According to my doc/insurance I have to get the injections next before anything else. $900/per even with decent insurance and they may not work at all. Getting old sucks man. If I knew I was going to live this long 30 years ago I would have taken better care of myself. 

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

... . I'll keep buying time until the inevitable. It's my own fault though. Between football as a teen and being a ski bum in my 20's I did some damage. No regrets 

Much of it is hereditary. I went 32 years between my first laminectomy and my fusion. The fusion is a big deal, but it did work.

My heart leapt for joy when I read Leesburg's post. You can see the relief in his writing. Much to thank God for this Thanksgiving.

Leesburg...don't you shovel too much snow just yet.  Slow and steady makes it.

BTW, I still wear a back brace to shovel. Cuts down on fatigue if nothing else. Good habit to get into.

ETA: I've haven't seen many success stories with the standard steroid injections. But it's simple enough to try.

• Like 2

@Bob Chill and @leesburg 04

A good friend of mine is a contractor and had off and on sciatica pain (mostly ON) for years and recently had an in and out procedure by this doctor back in July.  The results have been amazing.  It might be worth looking into for your pain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svxSUKVddo0

16 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I need to get my act together. I’m working nonstop with none of the exercise, and terrible diet too the last few months.

Bodies are very resilient. They can handle a lot of abuse and still snap back even when you're old. The most important thing you can do is eat right. It's more important than regular exercise. Never try and fix everything at once as it's not possible. Humans are serious creatures of habit. Start by changing things one little thing at a time and it will all fall into place. 

I'll be in SW CT for the holiday later this month. Starting to think there's a chance for some snowfall while I'm there. If so I'm logging it in my yard's seasonal total. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I need to get my act together. I’m working nonstop with none of the exercise, and terrible diet too the last few months.

TBH, I should probably too... but each time I start for like a week or two by trying to eat well or go for walks... I derail myself with either fast food or a bunch of noodles and mac and cheese or eating late at night (after midnight) and then deciding that I can go for a longer walk on the weekend or the such

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bob Chill said:

Yea, I don't like thinking about it. I've been successful so far just by being smart about it. According to my doc/insurance I have to get the injections next before anything else. $900/per even with decent insurance and they may not work at all. Getting old sucks man. If I knew I was going to live this long 30 years ago I would have taken better care of myself. 

Duly noted

2 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I tried to pull up stakes last year, but quickly realized that I developed a business model that is perfectly sustainable. Even if 2009-10 walked through the door, there would be some who needed a place to panic and give up. 

601725138_EJNovStone.jpg.8c9018d71c1161cbbea9ac011814b30e.jpg

1209220036_BristowNovStone.jpg.73114c072a64f808c1c9a0a2c54e5722.jpg

Doesn’t the room usually open by thanksgiving? A couple of ugly model days and the place will be rockin like last winter. We are always on edge here in the mid Atlantic 

3 hours ago, Bob Chill said:

I'm becoming interested in the holiday week. NAO relaxes while the EPO/PNA gets erect. Amplifying cold with a relaxing block makes me think the period is ripe for a coastal/Achambault type event. I'll be up in SW CT so my temporary climo will be greatly improved. We'll probably start seeing some digital fantasy storms as leads shorten. 

I like when you talk dirty....in a purely scientific kinda way!

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

I like when you talk dirty....in a purely scientific kinda way!

Well the NAO certainly has had some problems keeping it up(the heights, that is) over recent winters. If I have to settle for EPO erection, I will take it. Have to take what you can get.

@ravensrule will pop in any minute now- bat signal sent.

Speaking of Ravens, what a matchup tomorrow. Watson is great, but Lamar is just as good(maybe better), and plays on a better team with better coaching.. Ravens are the better team, and they are at home. Unless they come out flat, or get sloppy and turn the ball over, they should win this game.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Speaking of Ravens, what a matchup tomorrow. Watson is great, but Lamar is just as good(maybe better), and plays on a better team with better coaching.. Ravens are the better team, and they are at home. Unless they come out flat, or get sloppy and turn the ball over, they should win this game.

Rematch of classic 2016 game in college where clemson  prevailed 42-36. Should be a fun game 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic