Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Autumn 2019 Banter Thread

doncat

11 hours ago, SnoSki14 said:

Bc you know I'm right.

Or its because in the last 25 days or so you’ve already declared this winter dead, said we’d probably get snow in november, said this weekend would be in the 80s, and made numerous other guesses. So lets not pretend everyone, including you, arent here to make guesses at long term outcomes. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, BxEngine said:

Or its because in the last 25 days or so you’ve already declared this winter dead, said we’d probably get snow in november, said this weekend would be in the 80s, and made numerous other guesses. So lets not pretend everyone, including you, arent here to make guesses at long term outcomes. 

Perfect....Thank you!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, BxEngine said:

I'll admit the unpredictability is kinda fun.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I heard on 10/10 WINS this am that folks living in Coney Island NYCHA project residences are complaining about the city not turning on the heat. Their Political Representative claims that the problem is the cities use of CPK temperature readings as a guide. The residents claim that being bumped up against a breezy cooling ocean makes the CPK temps not Part of their reality. The response from NYCHA: “We are looking into it”. As always.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, rclab said:

I heard on 10/10 WINS this am that folks living in Coney Island NYCHA project residences are complaining about the city not turning on the heat. Their Political Representative claims that the problem is the cities use of CPK temperature readings as a guide. The residents claim that being bumped up against a breezy cooling ocean makes the CPK temps not Part of their reality. The response from NYCHA: “We are looking into it”. As always.

I thought their guidelines stated that heat needed to be 62 regardless of what the high temp was, as long as it was October.

3 hours ago, LibertyBell said:

I thought their guidelines stated that heat needed to be 62 regardless of what the high temp was, as long as it was October.

I guess NYCHA uses the “do as I say, not as I do” or “you can’t fight city hall” reasoning. In my building I set the thermostat on the cold season settings on Oct 15th. I though that was a law/rule. As always ....

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, rclab said:

I guess NYCHA uses the “do as I say, not as I do” or “you can’t fight city hall” reasoning. In my building I set the thermostat on the cold season settings on Oct 15th. I though that was a law/rule. As always ....

Yes the magic number was always the 15th when I lived in Brooklyn!

9 hours ago, forkyfork said:

choose a big breed

feed with lots of compost

only allow one pumpkin per vine

Still hugely impressive, 2000 pounds in a 200 day growing season requires 10 pounds a day average weight gain, so probably closer to 50 pounds  per day at the peak.

That plant might as well be directly connected to a tap, it must guzzle like fury. Wonder if it gets warm because it is growing so fast.

43 minutes ago, NycStormChaser said:

This is what happens when people who aren't educated in weather write about weather. Confusing coastal flood advisories with flash flood products. We aren't getting heavy rain tomorrow. f881a81ee4a2a2964e2f6e3656c44503.jpgd49ebb01335bf9ae1721dacd998398d2.jpg

Sent from my Samsung Note 8

Unreal, it’s not the first time and it will not be the last.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, forkyfork said:

Feels like yesterday. I remember the main thread on this forum being full of posts calling the storm a bust in the middle of the storm. Earthlight assured people that the worst was yet to come and then you posted about the NAM showing a MAUL mixing the winds down. Once the wind shift happened, the rest is history. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ace said:

Feels like yesterday. I remember the main thread on this forum being full of posts calling the storm a bust in the middle of the storm. Earthlight assured people that the worst was yet to come and then you posted about the NAM showing a MAUL mixing the winds down. Once the wind shift happened, the rest is history. 

My station records show that it rained here from about 4 am to 11 am, with a changeover  thereafter, during which 4.7" fell with 4" on the ground at midnight. Total precipitation was 1.80"...Temp during event got down to 32°. Early snowstorm jinx?...Snowfall rest of winter 4.3" lol.

• Like 1