• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Big New England heat 7/19-21

weathafella

Everyone ready for some expensive electricity. Noticed they fired up the oil power plant in New Haven this morning.  Its sits idle about 99.9 percent of year. When its running it sells its electricity for about 20+ times normal rates.

Our grid provider ISO New England has all the electric data on its website. Right now power is about 20$ mwh. I bet tomorrow its 20 times that. At peak load tomorrow power will cost 7-10 million an hour. 

https://www.iso-ne.com/

Screenshot_20190719-121928_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, weathafella said:

Actually I read a book on the medieval warm period and it was a 4 century warm fest.  

One issue today is there is so much real time data that everything is magnified.  With that said, scientific consensus can’t be ignored.  Moreover, a sea level rise making millions’ homes uninhabitable is a humanitarian crisis regardless of etiology.

I've read the same.  The Vikings began to settle in Greenland during the 10th century and it was the 14th before things began to get really bad there, with folks heading back to Europe or starving and the last of them gone by early in the 15th.

Humid air had overspread all of NH by noontime along with SW Maine as far as LEW.

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

Sad

image.png

Isn't part of that the fact that there is more dates over time?  At first you're going to practically set a record every year in one category but as time goes on the number goes down because you have so many years of data to compare it to.  Heck, I started keeping records in 1985 so in 1986 & 1987 I was setting 50+ records a year and now it's a couple a month.  It's harder to set a record...

Just now, MetHerb said:

Isn't part of that the fact that there is more dates over time?  At first you're going to practically set a record every year in one category but as time goes on the number goes down because you have so many years of data to compare it to.  Heck, I started keeping records in 1985 so in 1986 & 1987 I was setting 50+ records a year and now it's a couple a month.  It's harder to set a record...

Very good ! Yes should be obvious to folks lol . First year everything was a record.

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, MetHerb said:

I'm actually a little insulted you think that that's what I was getting at. :lol:

I'm comparing the number of recent record highs to the recent record lows. We're still racking off about 5 highs/year just eyeballing that. The lows are more like 1/yr and maybe even less than that since 2010.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I'm actually a little insulted you think that that's what I was getting at. :lol:

I'm comparing the number of recent record highs to the recent record lows. We're still racking off about 5 highs/year just eyeballing that. The lows are more like 1/yr and maybe even less than that since 2010.

Got married, And now you get sensative..........lol