Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July pattern(s) and discussion

Typhoon Tip

Just now, weathafella said:

I was at Bradley Beach in early July 1966 with temps near 100.  Sand was unwalkable without shoes.  Some beautiful young lady around our age (19-20 then) had to stand on our blanket to survive.  Was fun!

I think they had invented sandals by then? 

• Haha 1

You can buy dragonflies online and keep them around with a nice pond on the property as well as:

Incorporate plants like black-eyed Susan or Rudbeckia hirta, swamp milkweed(Asclepias incarnata, or even the Joe-pye weed (Eupatorium fistulosum). These plants will attract tiny pollinators, which also serve as food for the dragonflies.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Import some dragon flies and you won't see any of them, When we have the dragon flies at the golf course, The horse/deer flies are no where to be found, They pick them off right in mid air.

I actually had one on those white bodied ones pick a deer fly right off me yesterday evening.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

sea-breezes along the coast??? who would have guessed

A lot of bold calls on that map....tropical focus along the shores of FL,Al, AR, and LA....Thunderstorms in NY,VT, NH and ME during the summer??..that is practically unheard of....and sea breezes along the coast... learn something new every day...……..

12z NAM's lost the "BD" flavor to this thing for tomorrow... opting for more of a mere wind response/change do to the trajectory of the high pressure initially settling through the area during the day. 

In fact, keeps the winds at Logan at or < 15kts post the switch. 

This is different than prior runs ..particularly those prior to 06z's cycle.  Those runs showed a wind shift to NW followed 6 hours later by a clear and coherent ENE pulsed acceleration to some 20 to 25 kts of sustained marine modulated cold ...  That acceleration was the 'hidden' BD.   There's less of that now. 

That secondary acceleration is absent from this run. It turns the winds onshore and as said...keeps it light.  In fact, ALB's 2-meter may be 27 C tomorrow afternoon ...and with only 15 kts coming into the coast, I wonder if 24 to 26C may be common along the eastern Worcester Hills.  Again ...prior runs implicated 64 F with strata and mist into those regions.   Interesting.   

We're still getting the torridity interruption tomorrow...  It's a matter of the details offering more or less within the confines of all that.   Right now... the 32 km/meso seems to be pulling back on the cool side/momentum for now.  

Regarding Saturday HHH, we have an open concept great room with 20' cathedral ceilings. Total sqft including foyer and kitchen is 740sqft. Too late to get a mini split, so was thinking of 12,000 btu window rattler. With all the open space, I'm not sure how effective a window unit will be, so burning $450 may be a waste. Plus we have large windows that lets the sun in, so I'm thinking the unit will provide little relief for our BBQ guests.

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Think we drop into U60s ern MA tomorrow aftn and maybe into NE CT in aftn too. 

Yeah.. most likely ... 

A moment ago I was noticing some changes in the recent complexion as offered by the NAM... In some rare scenario... a model might over do it on cooling.  

But as a general rule of thumb, if there is ANY contention at all within the orbital space of Jupiter, to cool eastern NE in an otherwise hot pattern... reality will destroy the entire universe to get that to happen.  We mustn't forget that ..ha.  Scientific of not ...this frustrated axiom exists for a reason -

9 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

12z NAM's lost the "BD" flavor to this thing for tomorrow... opting for more of a mere wind response/change do to the trajectory of the high pressure initially settling through the area during the day. 

In fact, keeps the winds at Logan at or < 15kts post the switch. 

This is different than prior runs ..particularly those prior to 06z's cycle.  Those runs showed a wind shift to NW followed 6 hours later by a clear and coherent ENE pulsed acceleration to some 20 to 25 kts of sustained marine modulated cold ...  That acceleration was the 'hidden' BD.   There's less of that now. 

That secondary acceleration is absent from this run. It turns the winds onshore and as said...keeps it light.  In fact, ALB's 2-meter may be 27 C tomorrow afternoon ...and with only 15 kts coming into the coast, I wonder if 24 to 26C may be common along the eastern Worcester Hills.  Again ...prior runs implicated 64 F with strata and mist into those regions.   Interesting.   

We're still getting the torridity interruption tomorrow...  It's a matter of the details offering more or less within the confines of all that.   Right now... the 32 km/meso seems to be pulling back on the cool side/momentum for now.  

Yeah we mentioned this. Noticed Euro backed off overnight. Just a muggy 75-80 degree day tomorrow pike south 

11 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

Regarding Saturday HHH, we have an open concept great room with 20' cathedral ceilings. Total sqft including foyer and kitchen is 740sqft. Too late to get a mini split, so was thinking of 12,000 btu window rattler. With all the open space, I'm not sure how effective a window unit will be, so burning $450 may be a waste. Plus we have large windows that lets the sun in, so I'm thinking the unit will provide little relief for our BBQ guests.

18,000 BTU combined with 2 fans and a dehumidifier  is a better option.  And you will have to cool/dehumidify the area overnight.  And even with those a lot depends on how many people will be in the area and how long they will be in the area for.

Just now, Great Snow 1717 said:

18,000 BTU combined with 2 fans and a dehumidifier  is a better option.  And you will have to cool/dehumidify the area overnight.  And even with those a lot depends on how many people will be in the area and how long they will be in the area for.

thanks. maybe i'll just get a box fan. If it rains, there could be 25-30 people in the house:yikes:

20 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

12,000 won't cut it, You would need at least 15,000 btu's