Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July pattern(s) and discussion

Typhoon Tip

13 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Didn’t you just spend a half hour explaining that you live around 1,000ft?

Judging by ORH, you probably hit what, 81-82F?  

BDL seems to run high too... 13F difference today from BDL to ORH?  They’ve been doubling the dry adiabatic rate lately.

I’d say as good a chance that ORH runs low

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Sometimes if the cirrus is thin enough you get plenty of shortwave rad coming through and longwave IR being reradiated back down giving you a bit of a greenhouse effect. But if you're going to thicken up the high/mid level clouds enough you're going to limit that mixing height and keep higher dews at the sfc. Last year the weenie 2m products were spitting out 100s, but IIRC they were trying to mix out dews. What verified was less mixing, mid to upper 90s, and monster dews. So I think this is a pick your poison deal. Either we mix down upper 60 dews and allow the atmosphere to heat to ~100F at the tarmacs or we have less mixing and let the dews pool and we end up with 96/75 swampazz like last year. Of course a full-fledged MCS and outflow boundaries will muck that up quickly. It's still a few days away too and I know how everyone here loves in-depth warm season temp and dew analysis.

Yeah very true. It’s very difficult anyways to get temperatures to spike above 100 and keep super high dews. 

Like you said...either way it’s going to be quite nasty outside regardless. 

37 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Didn’t you just spend a half hour explaining that you live around 1,000ft?

Judging by ORH, you probably hit what, 81-82F?  

BDL seems to run high too... 13F difference today from BDL to ORH?  They’ve been doubling the dry adiabatic rate lately.

BDL is official site.  You guys all called me a liar so many years I pretty much gave up using my real temp 

39 minutes ago, weathafella said:

KBOS hit 90 today 

watch ... it'll be today and tomorrow as the longest stretch of 90 + we get out of this week...

18z GFS now fails Friday completely after Thursday's shit show BD ... and Sunday's now down to 92 ... one more trend run and that's it.   Single day of heat -

it's almost comical watching these models erode this thing like they actually personally don't like it.

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

BDL is official site.  You guys all called me a liar so many years I pretty much gave up using my real temp 

C’mon, you quote your temps all winter long without one mention of BDL :lol:.  You only care about BDL in JJA.

We’re just ribbin’ ya, we know how it goes.  But it’s like me using BTV as my climate site, not much in common.

56 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Yeah we still have the mosquitoes too. They seem a little smaller than the mosquitoes we've had over the last 3-4 weeks. I'm not aware of all of the species we have, but I'm pretty sure we were previously dealing with mostly those striped tiger ones. These just seem like regular smaller ones. According to Wiki, as of 2015 there was a near 0% probability of having them up here. So maybe we got "lucky" after the dews last summer and they migrated our way.

So glad we dont live there or there.  So no Shagbark need anymore?

13 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

C’mon, you quote your temps all winter long without one mention of BDL :lol:.  You only care about BDL in JJA.

We’re just ribbin’ ya, we know how it goes.  But it’s like me using BTV as my climate site, not much in common.

I’m serious. I report what my Davis says for temps , dews , snowfall amounts and everytime the usual suspects (they all know who they are) accused me of lying . They’d cite other lower elevation stations in town and accuse me of making mine up .. I’d even post pictures of it . So I pretty much stopped . It’s one thing to joke around like we all do and another thing to call folks liars or making stuff up. They did it to MPM too . Anyone that lives on a micro climate that doesn’t match up with the “ Jones” in said area, gets accused of making up numbers . So now to keep up.. it’s BDL in summer and ORH in winter 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I’m serious. I report what my Davis says for temps , dews , snowfall amounts and everytime the usual suspects (they all know who they are) accused me of lying . They’d cite other lower elevation stations in town and accuse me of making mine up .. I’d even post pictures of it . So I pretty much stopped . It’s one thing to joke around like we all do and another thing to call folks liars or making stuff up. They did it to MPM too . Anyone that lives on a micro climate that doesn’t match up with the “ Jones” in said area, gets accused of making up numbers . So now to keep up.. it’s BDL in summer and ORH in winter 

So sensitive 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Aren't you without a FARS and using an older sensor? It may be time for an upgrade. I got Gene to go to a FARS and I don't think he'd ever go back now. He says it's like living in a new climate. lol

18 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

it’s BDL in summer and ORH in winter 

Might have been a long time ago, as I only remember you quoting BDL temps in summer... unless it was like a decade ago.

I do remember discussion about MPM temps though.  

My one question is why the change from summer to winter the different stations? 

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Might have been a long time ago, as I only remember you quoting BDL temps in summer... unless it was like a decade ago.

I do remember discussion about MPM temps though.  

My one question is why the change from summer to winter the different stations? 

Because of everyones seasons in seasons mentality 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1