Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July pattern(s) and discussion

Typhoon Tip

3 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

In the last year while shuttling one of our kids to practice or rehearsal or lessons I have driven the wrong way several times.  

Our brains get fried, for me I wonder if it is my age

Well there are always lapses in some memory but that's a whole different level 

48 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

IDK Jeff, I put a FARS on the Davis about 3yrs ago and it stopped working not long after. Found out that the fan blades were/are hitting on the shroud, stopping it from spinning. Sometimes if I tap on the rn bucket, she'll start to spin, but I've kinda given up on it. So, without FARS, you'd think my temps would be running a little higher and possibly inaccurate, but I've got no other temp sensor to compare to. I'm thinking it's time to scrap the old Davis, now 15yrs old and get a new one. Pricey buggers though.

Meanwhile, only 2.1" rn for the month. What's everyone else got?

Yeah it needs the aspiration. That shield isn't made to be without a fan as it doesn't have passive airflow. If you've never replaced the fan you can get a new one from Scaled Instruments. If you still have the original T/H sensor I'd upgrade that too. You'd just need to tell me your serial number of your station to know if it can use the digital sensor or if it is analog only. Otherwise you'd need a new transmitter (a bit over $100) to be able to use it. Between the fan, T/H, and transmitter you'd now be around $200 so at that point maybe you'd be better off going entirely brand new. I still use the original station and just replace parts as need be.

• Like 1

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

You had mentioned a rainy pattern this week . What’s the timeframe?

I mentioned it. Many have had rains and Tstorms all week. In summer its hit or miss. Today could have some too. Tomorrow widespread with chances for Tstorms Thursday too. Whats your point

2 hours ago, Bostonseminole said:

With all the technology in cars now you would think they can have something that alerts folks, even using a weight sensor like some cars have now for seatbelts.. if over a certain weight it goes off.. or the car alarms you.. tell you if you've checked yoru backseat when it senses the temperature is above a threshold.. should be doable.

Our 2017 GMC Acadia has an alarm that reminds you to check the back seat. It is triggered by opening the rear doors. When you turn the car off it chimes and tells you to look in back. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Yeah it needs the aspiration. That shield isn't made to be without a fan as it doesn't have passive airflow. If you've never replaced the fan you can get a new one from Scaled Instruments. If you still have the original T/H sensor I'd upgrade that too. You'd just need to tell me your serial number of your station to know if it can use the digital sensor or if it is analog only. Otherwise you'd need a new transmitter (a bit over $100) to be able to use it. Between the fan, T/H, and transmitter you'd now be around $200 so at that point maybe you'd be better off going entirely brand new. I still use the original station and just replace parts as need be.

thanks. Scaled is running a sale now. $790 for new sys w/out console. Does not incl UV/radiation.

Just now, OceanStWx said:

I'm still waiting for Dendrite to pay me for the black market ASOS.

lol, I had an old Oregon Scientific station i just replaced with an Ambient WS 2000 and so far, Comparing rain totals to my Stratus after making an adjustment to the stations tipper rain gauge and comparing temps/dews with LEW, I've been pretty spot on.

17 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

thanks. Scaled is running a sale now. $790 for new sys w/out console. Does not incl UV/radiation.

You don't need the console, right? That seems high for no UV/solar and no console. All you need is this for $462. (still pricey for some)

https://www.scaledinstruments.com/shop/davis-instruments/sensor-suites/vantage-pro2-series-sensor-suites/wireless-vantage-pro2-series-sensor-suites/davis-6323-wireless-vantage-pro2-iss-with-24-hr-fan-aspirated-radiation-shield/

4 minutes ago, dendrite said:

yep, you're right. Had the wrong cat #.