davisinstruments
    Newest Member
    davisinstruments
showmethesnow

Friday Night Coastal March 1/2 disco and obs

18 minutes ago, Amped said:

pyWchta.png

Looks like a large area of mixing.  

Curious, can you tell what station that 33 degree one is in far northern Baltimore county? Does it give you name?

I am over to rain now. I am interested to see what happens when those heavier returns make it over us. Hopefully the column cools enough for snow. We'll see.

• Like 1

32.5 temp          28.5 dewpoint far NW Cecil County Elevation 450 ft   5 miles from PA line.......should be interesting later what we get up here!

17 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

I’m not really upset about tonight. Was never going to be significant for us. I am frustrated about Sunday/Monday and the fact we can’t seem to get a big storm/true coastal this year. Maybe next weekend.

I hear that. Still some time for Sunday/Monday trends. I won’t sweat that until tomorrow. We all need some coastal in our lives. :)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HighStakes said:

Rain.

Lol. I do think if we get heavy banding we will flip but are we even getting heavy precip?  The heavy stuff to our south has more easterly component to its movement then I like right now. 

9 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Lol. I do think if we get heavy banding we will flip but are we even getting heavy precip?  The heavy stuff to our south has more easterly component to its movement then I like right now. 

I am in the heavy returns and it is.......heavy rain.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, psuhoffman said:

@HighStakes @losetoa6

Euro still likes us. 

405AB47B-55BD-4D88-A095-59383A0FE9A5.thumb.png.a7728da582f06847e19111cc924dac7a.png

I'm in Westminster now. I thought we at least start as some sleet. Tom T. likes us for a few inches fwiw. I not crazy about the trajectory of the precip. either. I guess we'll see. 

Just now, clskinsfan said:

I am in the heavy returns and it is.......heavy rain.

It’s close but the warm layer is a little less significant up here.  Heavy rates would likely mix it out. The mid level warmth was slightly worse in your spot. 

1 minute ago, psuhoffman said:

It’s close but the warm layer is a little less significant up here.  Heavy rates would likely mix it out. The mid level warmth was slightly worse in your spot. 

In fairness. Most of the guidance doesnt show us flip until around 9PM. So lets see what happens. 

1 hour ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Banner year for 33F rain.  It's the 2009 - 10 version for it.

That winter, with the great blocking, it would start snowing with temps in the mid 30s, then steadily falling into the 20s, leading into the epic snow events. With the overall crappy h5 set up this winter, its been endless 33-35 degree rain, and usually rising temps. Putrid.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

That winter, with the great blocking, it would start snowing with temps in the mid 30s, then steadily falling into the 20s, leading into the epic snow events. With the overall crappy h5 set up this winter, its been endless 33-35 degree rain, and usually rising temps. Putrid.

Agreed.  I remember winters without much snow, but the worst thing about this year has been the tremendous amount of 33 degree rainstorms.  

1 minute ago, C.A.P.E. said:

And oh yeah, almost forgot my ob!

34 and light rain.

Are you sure it's rain? Maybe you should go back out and check. Rates and all, you know? :lol:

3 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

Are you sure it's rain? Maybe you should go back out and check. Rates and all, you know? :lol:

I actually still have snow on the ground from this morning. Well, with the high dews and drizzle, it's pure slush lol.

update- steady light to moderate rain now, temp 34. Lookin' good for 2" of liquid by Monday!

4 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

For whatever it is worth the last two runs of the HRRR actually were a significant improvement north and west of the cities compared to previous runs. 

Latest Hrrr looks like the 12z Euro :whistle: