Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    15,514
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    Raifu
    Newest Member
    Raifu
    Joined
George BM

March Discobs 2019

Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

Radar estimates look to be 4 -5 " plus along the I 81 corridor.

The radar estimates are likely to have been contaminated by melting snowflakes.  They are getting some help from upslope but not as high as that.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, WVclimo said:

Winds kicking up now under the deform.  18 G28 and still pouring.

Last year was the snowiest of my 56 birthdays, and today is the wettest.

Happy birthday! Mine was Tuesday .....last years March Hecs was a great bday gift no doubt .

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

39/39

Flooding on local roads and streams. Temporary lull in the action after an all day rain. Guess we had to make up for that rain free stretch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

2" and counting.

Just passed 2" here also.  I can only find two March days with more than 2" at MRB:

2.31" on 3/4/1993

2.22" on 3/28/1984

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WVclimo said:

Winds kicking up now under the deform.  18 G28 and still pouring.

Last year was the snowiest of my 56 birthdays, and today is the wettest.

happy birthday!!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WVclimo said:

Winds kicking up now under the deform.  18 G28 and still pouring.

Last year was the snowiest of my 56 birthdays, and today is the wettest.

Well, Happy Birthday! Sorry it was so wet....

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe a nice squall line coming down tomorrow mid afternoon? Could make for a burst of graupel and perhaps last frozen of the season in the cities?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Happy birthday! Mine was Tuesday .....last years March Hecs was a great bday gift no doubt .

Happy belated to you and @WVclimo :tomato:

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, mappy said:

3.66" for a storm total

Wow, incredible ! Are there farms near you mappy ?

Here in my area we have many corn fields and it is truly a mess with flooding and it will take a while to improve , if and when, we ever get any drier weather. 

Plus the sod farms hit very hard.  Everything pushed back, plus the garden centers, well some of them will not even stock flowers of any type yet because next week we go below freezing in the AM hours again.  

 

  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow at the rainfall numbers N and E of me! Mappy? Is there an ark in front for y'all to board? Crazy. And Happy B-day (late) to lostoa6, hope it was a good one! Wind is in full gale here this am, we do that exceptionally well it seems, no matter the season.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like 2.19" storm total here.

Mountains are white this morning.  I know that 48/55 crossing North Mountain was hit hard yesterday.  Saw pics, at least 6"+ and the road impassable.  What a difference 1,000 feet makes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, frd said:

Wow, incredible ! Are there farms near you mappy ?

Here in my area we have many corn fields and it is truly a mess with flooding and it will take a while to improve , if and when, we ever get any drier weather. 

Plus the sod farms hit very hard.  Everything pushed back, plus the garden centers, well some of them will not even stock flowers of any type yet because next week we go below freezing in the AM hours again.  

 

  

Yes my area is definitely farm country. We had to run out last night around 7 and almost all the fields we drove past had standing water. Flooded side streets and a lot of run off. My driveway is sloped downward towards the house, so we get a lot of runoff from one neighbor and road. Thankfully we have a pretty darn good draining swale in the front yard, that runs between our well tank and the house, towards a neighbor on the other side. It still had standing water in the swale this morning, with water still running down the driveway. Definitely quite a bit of rain overnight. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, wxdude64 said:

Wow at the rainfall numbers N and E of me! Mappy? Is there an ark in front for y'all to board? Crazy. And Happy B-day (late) to lostoa6, hope it was a good one! Wind is in full gale here this am, we do that exceptionally well it seems, no matter the season.

ha, no ark needed. A few road closures around the area, but mostly just a lot of standing water. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, mappy said:

Thankfully we have a pretty darn good draining swale in the front yard, that runs between our well tank and the house, towards a neighbor on the other side. It still had standing water in the swale this morning, with water still running down the driveway. Definitely quite a bit of rain overnight. 

Well, stay dry mappy, hope things improve soon.  Seems the numbers of storms that drop high amounts of rain are on the rise. 

Last year was actually a good year for me in the garden, I preferred that dry period kept tomato disease away, but once the rains came combined with the very high dew points everything went downhill fast.  By early Sept I already cleared my garden out.  Gardening requires a love and a passion similiar to the weather weenines when we have a snowless winter. 

If I dont plant a garden my wife will get very mad at me, so I say, " yes dear, of course, I am planting a garden this year" , ha ha !!   

 ( I don't say the ha ha part though  ) ;)

  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

2.78”

The HRRR is looking interesting for some convective showers to drag down a good bit of wind this afternoon.

I see this on Mount Holly Update too :

With the heaviest of the rain being over, will go ahead and
cancel the Flood Watch. Any lingering flooding will subside, but
localized street flooding may redevelop with the passage of
additional showers.

Cannot rule out some convectively induced 40 to 45 mph wind
gusts this afternoon.

Highs today will range from the 30s in the far northern zones,
and otherwise in the 40s to low 50s.

&&

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, frd said:

Well, stay dry mappy, hope things improve soon.  Seems the numbers of storms that drop high amounts of rain are on the rise. 

Last year was actually a good year for me in the garden, I preferred that dry period kept tomato disease away, but once the rains came combined with the very high dew points everything went downhill fast.  By early Sept I already cleared my garden out.  Gardening requires a love and a passion similiar to the weather weenines when we have a snowless winter. 

If I dont plant a garden my wife will get very mad at me, so I say, " yes dear, of course, I am planting a garden this year" , ha ha !!   

 ( I don't say the ha ha part though  ) ;)

  

Thanks! We are good. 

I understand what you mean about the garden. Will need to get ours in shape here soon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HRRR soundings showing about 500 sfc-based cape, and SPC has added our area into general thunder.       Will certainly be interesting convection around this afternoon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×