Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowGiant611
    Newest Member
    SnowGiant611
George BM

March Discobs 2019

9 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Sounds terrible. Bring back yesterday’s weather!

Please wait till Friday and Saturday lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, yoda said:

Please wait till Friday and Saturday lol

it definitely appears that a strong early spring stretch is on tap.  hopefully my bracket performs as well as the weather.

19 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Hoping the UHI of DC/Alexandria/Arlington can help keep me above freezing tonight.  I’m done with freezes! 

My tulip magnolia is really close to bloom. Hoping the blossoms don't get nuked tonight.  They're pretty sensitive to freezes.  

18 hours ago, yoda said:

Saw this tweet by Ian... new state record for total precip in MD

https://mobile.twitter.com/islivingston/status/1110613785927172096

Yeah, it was a wet one here. There was a storm in July that rained something like 10", I've only seen it rain that hard a few times. 2-5 miles down the road it was just heavy.  

3 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

My tulip magnolia is really close to bloom. Hoping the blossoms don't get nuked tonight.  They're pretty sensitive to freezes.  

Yup, ironically enough the NPS announced a peak date of April 1 tonight (revised from 4/3-4/6).  Seems like the city will eek out staying above 32 which is good.

6 hours ago, nj2va said:

Yup, ironically enough the NPS announced a peak date of April 1 tonight (revised from 4/3-4/6).  Seems like the city will eek out staying above 32 which is good.

27 here. Have to see how my tree looks in a little while when the sun comes up.

1 hour ago, WxUSAF said:

I was thinking about it on the way in to work this morning and wondering how big a canopy your tree is.  Have you ever considered spraying with water like they do for the orange crops, or even a kerosene heater under the canopy for nights like last night? 

It might be more important for NEBaltZen, but also thought about his magnolia too.

1 hour ago, WxUSAF said:

Hopefully it held up. Low of 33 here and looks like the city also stayed above freezing. 

5 hours ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

I'm not a cocorahs memeber, but yes, my total was 90.31". There should be an 80-100" dot where the August storm hit in central Calvert, but that's probably smaller than one pixel on that map.

Well, actually your numbers would help to 'verify' that record, so there is that. 88-90" is a PILE of moisture for one year. 

• Like 1

A 72.7 high yesterday. I'll agree with losetoa6, almost too warm...we have 5+ months to put up with heat. Least next 24-48 hours look nice. Just enough rain last two early am's to put something in the gauge, 0.02 yesterday and 0.01 today. 

Numbers for my location for the month of March....

Averaged high was 52.1 degrees vs a normal of 55.0 degrees, a -2.9 below normal. Warmest temp was 72.7 degrees recorded on last day (31st) of the month. Averaged low was 29.6 degrees vs a normal of 29.7 degrees, a -0.1 below normal. Coldest temp recorded was 15.0 degrees on the 6th. Averaged overall temp for the month was 40.9 degrees vs a normal of 42.4 degrees, a -1.5 below normal. Total rainfall measured 2.69 inches vs a normal of 3.43 inches, a -0.74 below normal and first month in some time I've had below normal moisture for a month. Greatest rainfall was on the 4th with 0.93 inches. There were 13 days with measurable, 5 days with a 'T' and 13 dry days. Total snowfall for the month was 2.2 inches vs a normal of 6.5 inches, a -4.3 below normal. Greatest snowfall was on 9th with 1.7 inches. There were 2 days with measurable snow, 4 days with a 'T' and 25 days with none. Highest wind recorded for the month was 37 mph on the 23rd. Only record set for the month was a new 'cool max' set on 7th with a 29.1 degree reading.