Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 3-4, 2019 Snow Discussion and Obs

WxUSAF

10 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

But wait, Jayyyy had heavy snow with snow covered roads in EC.. a veritable blizzard.

Wrong.. I said the roads are not covered. I said grass, car tops, and sidewalks. Some of you guys really are dumb as nails. And far too emotional over weather. 

Sleet with flakes mixed in - 33 degrees

• Like 1

Low is currently just northwest of Augusta GA and heading east-north-east, should be near ORF by midnight. Some hope therefore of a phase change back to snow for some now getting rain, darkness and better access to colder air filtering into w PA should both be helpful factors. This could have been quite a heavy snowfall for the airports if colder high pressure had been in place ahead of the low, but could have a fairly good outcome anyway for some. Heavy thunderstorms likely for anyone south of an EZF to OCE line tonight, 1-2" rainfalls likely in s.e. VA. 

Just now, 87storms said:

The upper level setup was not ideal for this. I had a feeling this is how it could end up.  We need highs to the north.  Instead, the 540 line is way northwest of the region.  Cold is cold though so maybe we flip back.

We need heavy returns pronto, before we lost the column entirely.