Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 3-4, 2019 Snow Discussion and Obs

WxUSAF

5 minutes ago, MD Snow said:

12k is about 1-2" before the flip sunday morning for the cities. 

man, that is close...get that low to track 100 miles south through nc to about 100 miles off the coast of oc and we'd be bombed. 

100 miles is a tall order at this stage.  I was thinking this was a low forming on the front the NAM has a stronger low that is too far NW.  the amped scenario negates the pressing front.  

• Like 1

Just now, stormtracker said:

It’s excruciatingly close on both NAMs. It’s going to be painful if it unfolds like that. 

I’d say we’ve got until happy hour tomorrow to bring this thing home.  Maybe that rotating northern lobe that has hurt us several times this year will come up big this time in the short range.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

100 miles is a tall order at this stage.  I was thinking this was a low forming on the front the NAM has a stronger low that is too far NW.  the amped scenario negates the pressing front.  

Not really when you're dealing with the NAM's. They just shifted the lows about 100 miles from where they had them at 12z. 

• Like 1

Just now, SnowGolfBro said:

I’d say we’ve got until happy hour tomorrow to bring this thing home.  Maybe that rotating northern lobe that has hurt us several times this year will come up big this time in the short range.

Need more confluence.  That was a curse not too long ago.  

1 minute ago, Amped said:

The r/s line isn't exactly glued the storm track here. 

Yeah I probably am following that too closely.  It’s the NS low that matters.  So close to the fail line for me I am focusing too hard on that.  Futile exercise.