Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March Disco

40/70 Benchmark

2 minutes ago, BombsAway1288 said:

Ugh. I would almost rather have that model be cold and suppressed. Has a cold bias, correct?

It does but as far as storms go it’s been all over.  The main concern soon will be the navgem which is currently fairly amped.  The navgem rule though doesn’t really start applying til inside 84-90.  Beyond that it can occasionally be in the amped camp 

1 minute ago, SnowGoose69 said:

It does but as far as storms go it’s been all over.  The main concern soon will be the navgem which is currently fairly amped.  The navgem rule though doesn’t really start applying til inside 84-90.  Beyond that it can occasionally be in the amped camp 

The NAVGEM should never be anyone's concern regardless of outcome...

Just now, powderfreak said:

The NAVGEM should never be anyone's concern regardless of outcome...

It’s remarkable though how often it can tip you off that other models may be on their way to adjusting.  The wave that hits NJ/PA/MD Friday the navgem consistently was north the last 48 hours of almost everything other than the NAM.  Today everything else came north 

2 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

It’s remarkable though how often it can tip you off that other models may be on their way to adjusting.  The wave that hits NJ/PA/MD Friday the navgem consistently was north the last 48 hours of almost everything other than the NAM.  Today everything else came north 

Just a question, that's (NAVGEM) the former Navy NOGAPS, correct or I'm completely off?

58 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Flow still seems too fast to have a lot of confidence more than a few days out, and even then no safe bets.  I like our chances though for a moderate or bigger event in the next week. 

The flow is also fast and still zonal, there will be no closed low at 5H tracking over the benchmark in this pattern

7H won’t even be closed...we will have another one of these “sliding lows that are relatively weak hoping it exits off NJ and it will slide ENE. The amplification is simply not there for a favorable benchmark  coastal .

I'm talking about Monday 

Anything wound up at 7H is more than likely cutting ..still 

I like where we stand at this time for Sun-Mon system. It seems to me because of the fast flow that system has no chance of cutting or even hugging. It’s either out with a whiff or all snow. At this time I’d have to agree with the more snowy side because the storm is moving fast but it also has heavy precipitation 1-1.5 inches of QPF so the fast flow balances with the shift east which cools off columns and we snow. Plus models aren’t that bad in this timeframe, let’s be honest.

9 minutes ago, WEATHERMINATOR said:

I like where we stand at this time for Sun-Mon system. It seems to me because of the fast flow that system has no chance of cutting or even hugging. It’s either out with a whiff or all snow. At this time I’d have to agree with the more snowy side because the storm is moving fast but it also has heavy precipitation 1-1.5 inches of QPF so the fast flow balances with the shift east which cools off columns and we snow. Plus models aren’t that bad in this timeframe, let’s be honest.

Well snowman19 disagrees with you. He's thinking super warm cutter. I'm surprised he hasn't responded to you yet. Oh wait, he must have used up his 5 posts/day today. Oh well!!!!!!:lol:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, 78Blizzard said:

18z Euro?

Grazes SE MA for Saturday. Only goes out to 90h so we can't see what happens Monday. The heights out ahead of the low are a bit lower than the 12z run but overall it still looks pretty amped...compared to, say, the gfs. 

21 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Grazes SE MA for Saturday. Only goes out to 90h so we can't see what happens Monday. The heights out ahead of the low are a bit lower than the 12z run but overall it still looks pretty amped...compared to, say, the gfs. 

Eps is also less amped than 12z

• Confused 1