Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 29-30, 2019 Arctic FROPA

WxUSAF

1 hour ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Mini 1/26/11 on the NAM right there.  Only difference would be it's temps progressively falling versus a paste bomb at 31 degrees.

That storm will be burned into my memory forever. Took me 6 hours to go from Frederick to Smithsburg On I -70. Some of the most intense rates I've ever experienced. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

That storm will be burned into my memory forever. Took me 6 hours to go from Frederick to Smithsburg On I -70. Some of the most intense rates I've ever experienced. 

I'd love another bowling ball like that. What's crazy is the way that thing exploded and slowed as it passed us. It really clobbered cities to the northeast.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Not shocked by the Euro in all honesty. We are going to see some flip flopping for the next 2 days with this one. Could just end up a nowcast kind of thing.

This is going to be a lot like a front that blows through in the fall. Some areas get a heavy storm others get rain while others get showers. And u can be 5 miles from someone who gets a quick half inch of rain and you record a trace.  I could see someone within a 50 mile radius of DC gettting 6 inches + while somebody close by sees a dusting.  And where that happens is just throwing darts at this point

5 minutes ago, MD Snow said:

Icon, Euro, and CMC all look pretty similar at this point. American models vs the world? 

Funny thing is they just switched places. The Euro was the one killing us for 2 days. Now it dries out some and the GFS and NAM go bat shit. Whatever. We wont know anything until Monday 12Z IMO.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic