Most Online
    Irish
    Newest Member
    Irish
40/70 Benchmark

Super, Duper SWFE

22 minutes ago, wxsniss said:

Lucky to be in Stowe for the weekend...

Had nice dry powder and a winter wonderland most of the day, maybe 1-2"... orographic on easterly fetch?

Amazing how winter riches are so unequal... we'd be off the walls celebrating this with the last 2 months we've had in Boston, and the synoptic meat of this storm has not even arrived...

Keep the obs coming... to coworkers my final call was 4-8" for the Boston metro and think it will verify

Nice are you in town or staying up at the mountain?  I had 1.5" on my car leaving work a little while ago, so your 1-2" guess is pretty spot on, lol.

It's so cold out and snowing.  The ASOS is at 1.5sm -SN at 2F.  

2 degrees and a Currier and Ives feel this evening as pixie dust falls.

HRRR still a big hit.  Meso-band jackpot runs through the Sugarbush and MPV area.

IMG_1972.thumb.PNG.40c8f991a78bd8db74aff50c58b71118.PNG

Held my toddler on the porch.  He gazed up at the street lights and saw the glittering snowflakes coming down.

This is snow I said to him.  He looked in wonderment and said "snow." He started pointing everywhere and said "snow, snow, SNOW!"

When he wakes up tomorrow, he will demand "snow" for he is a little cocktail weenie.  I will have to be honest with him.  Your mum and dad chose to live in a subtropical island known as Aquidneck.  It knows not of winter this year.

That's my observation: a dusting and disillusionment. Not that I had hope for this one, the last one, the next one.  Nothing has even been close enough to get sucked in this year. I hope the sleet line stays south of you all.

• Like 8

Just now, SimeonNC said:

TWC has Boston switching over to rain for a lot of tomorrow, does anyone here actually buy that? 

They had parts of Mass getting 3 feet of snow a couple days ago. Pay them no attention.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Doesn’t look to get the Valley above 32 at all 

HRRR continues to cool slightly each and every run. The CT River Valley esp hfd north is struggling to get above 0. I don't think HFD to BDL north ever gets above 32F here on out.

4 minutes ago, Hoth said:

They had parts of Mass getting 3 feet of snow a couple days ago. Pay them no attention.

They also had Bangor and other parts of downeast Maine in the 2 foot plus zone this morning and now they have them mixing for tomorrow lol. 

• Haha 1

This could be good tomorrow morning.  The Fronto progs have some very good looking banding lifting north tomorrow morning, then show another one developing late morning into midday from the southern Adirondacks through Montpelier up towards BML.

EEOoD7Q.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CTValleySnowMan said:

Definitely have my concerns around here.

About going above freezing and seeing PLRN or snow amounts?

I think you're def good for 3 of 4" before the changeover. 

Whether it gets >0C is the question and whether you have a few inches of concrete tomorrow or washed away by a wind driven 40+ rain event.