Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January/February Medium/Long Range Disco

nj2va

16 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

NA Blocking not nearly as impressive on the 18z GEFS as it was at 12z.

Looks like the piece of the PV that retros to AK is headed towards the Aleutians at the end of the run. Extrapolating a bit, it looks like a PNA ridge is developing, as it did on the 12z run.

Just can’t get any consistency with guidance showing the -NAO which is why it’s usually nothing more than a unicorn.

4 minutes ago, Snowstorm5921 said:

Just can’t get any consistency with guidance showing the -NAO which is why it’s usually nothing more than a unicorn.

Have you ever made a single post in the PA or Philly forum? You have 76 posts, and it seems like just about all of them are in the mid-Atlantic subforum, even though you claim to live in a suburb of Allentown. You do know the Philly forum includes your area, so it would be a much better fit for where you live.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Fozz said:

Have you ever made a single post in the PA or Philly forum? You have 76 posts, and it seems like just about all of them are in the mid-Atlantic subforum, even though you claim to live in a suburb of Allentown. You do know the Philly forum includes your area, so it would be a much better fit for where you live.

Just hover over his name and click ignore. Your life will be instantly changed for the better. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, C.A.P.E. said:

NA Blocking not nearly as impressive on the 18z GEFS as it was at 12z.

Looks like the piece of the PV that retros to AK is headed towards the Aleutians at the end of the run. Extrapolating a bit, it looks like a PNA ridge is developing, as it did on the 12z run.

Lol stick to “maybe it’s wrong”. No way to turn this into anything other than a disaster 

2F424FA4-2EAF-4B52-9CC6-41F0E6371D14.thumb.png.7779cbc59d4d8ba8aa85a96bfa98702e.png

3 minutes ago, cbmclean said:

That looks like the dreaded PAC Puke.  Is there no end to the dreams it can crush?

That run is no more reliable than a run with epic blocking showing up at 384 hrs...lol Honestly I don't know why some of you bother sharing the absolute worse case scenario that pops up on the outskirts of fantasy land...do we like torturing ourselves?

I’m a little confused...the FV3, GFS, and Euro basically look the same at 168 with a very good looking pattern and everyone is doom and gloom? The pattern below is almost exactly like what was shown on the LR ensembles/weeklies.  Maybe it’s not completely epic but it’s pretty dang close.

4BEA51C3-2DBD-4A1E-9F62-2845E8A543D5.png

2029CCCD-FF3E-466B-8752-D594BBF9611F.png

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

That run is no more reliable than a run with epic blocking showing up at 384 hrs...lol Honestly I don't know why some of you bother sharing the absolute worse case scenario that pops up on the outskirts of fantasy land...do we like torturing ourselves?

I understand this.  I just was sharing a quip with the board.  This board is like my support group. 

11 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Except the fact that we have not seen epic blocking yet in real time but we have seen crap...which makes the run more believable.  I am still optimistic.  Maybe I am in the minority?  I can see how we have the next 7-10 days of a pattern that is conducive for snow...a week where things are blah and then a few weeks of a good/great pattern.  I am certainly aware that the 'epic' idea may be out the window and that is a bummer but we still have a propensity for HLB throughout Feb and an active STJ.  We would kill for that possibility most winters.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Models have blown nearly every 15 day pattern change this season.

Yeah and on that panel I just focus on the features we know are primary players on the field. The TPV is going to stretch, and a piece is probably going to shed off and retro westward towards AK. Assuming it does, I don't see a ridge near Hawaii, so if that vortex retros a bit more, a PNA ridge can pop out west. Can see it on the height lines on that panel. The -NAO, which was west based and stout on the 12z GEFS run, is weak sauce on this run, which is the main reason the east has +height anomalies. Heights were normal at 12z. The 0z run might give us a better indication of which direction the pattern is heading. I can see a path forward to victory from that mess, but then again my inner Deb is loaded up on Valium.

43 minutes ago, LP08 said:

I’m a little confused...the FV3, GFS, and Euro basically look the same at 168 with a very good looking pattern and everyone is doom and gloom? The pattern below is almost exactly like what was shown on the LR ensembles/weeklies.  Maybe it’s not completely epic but it’s pretty dang close.

Yup and there’s no sense worrying about 384H looks when it seems the models are struggling mightily lately.  We have a decent pattern next week in the MR...let’s get there first before worrying about two weeks from now.  

43 minutes ago, LP08 said:

The context of the discussion is where the pattern goes beyond day 10, and specifically looking at what the 18z GEFS is advertising days 10-15.

5 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

The context of the discussion is where the pattern goes beyond day 10, and specifically looking at what the 18z GEFS is advertising days 10-15.

Ahh got ya.  I guess the tone of the day was what got me a little perplexed.  I’m optimistic that the med range looks good and hope that they ensembles are rushing the 10-15 look the same way they rush in a good pattern change.  

41 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Yeah and on that panel I just focus on the features we know are primary players on the field. The TPV is going to stretch, and a piece is probably going to shed off and retro westward towards AK. Assuming it does, I don't see a ridge near Hawaii, so if that vortex retros a bit more, a PNA ridge can pop out west. Can see it on the height lines on that panel. The -NAO, which was west based and stout on the 12z GEFS run, is weak sauce on this run, which is the main reason the east has +height anomalies. Heights were normal at 12z. The 0z run might give us a better indication of which direction the pattern is heading. I can see a path forward to victory from that mess, but then again my inner Deb is loaded up on Valium.

Loop the 18z Fv3 northern hemisphere h5 progression. It actually mostly fits the 18z gefs but stays decent the whole time.  Eps mean 2m temps are below normal d10-15. I think embedded inside of the mean h5 are a bunch of half decent solutions. Of course it could all break the wrong way and winter ends in early Feb but I'm not worried at all. My gut is telling me that we aren't headed towards a shutout pattern and i also beleive that before anything goes wrong in real time that we'll already see the way out (assuming anything does go wrong in real time).

• Like 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic