Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 12-14, 2019 Storm Discussion STORM MODE

WxUSAF

7 minutes ago, Ji said:

2 step forwards and 5 steps back. 18z was good to us but then just crushed it

I never really bought into the good GGEM run, nor even the good ensemble means. I think the dry, strung out solutions are more realistic. So this doesn't surprise me.

We'll most likely have many more opportunities in the weeks to come.

• Like 1

Just now, Fozz said:

I never really bought the good GGEM run, nor even the good ensemble means. I think the dry, strung out solutions are more realistic. So this doesn't surprise me.

We'll most likely have many more opportunities in the weeks to come.

Yes, temps are cold, let’s get some snow on the ground, get the pattern right, and then go hunting for some big storms.  This was never looking like anything more than light/moderate. 

Here is the shred factory in action.  You can see the Jet streak over the great lakes and it's right entrance region that would have produced lift over us and help hold the system together, gets flattened and pushed east before the southern stream can get to us.

@ers-wxman1

Did a good job pointing out that we had limited potential with this setup after we lost the NS monday.

XNVpA3i.gif

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DCTeacherman said:

Sure it’s possible but it doesn’t seem like the likeliest outcome since no models are  showing that. 

You’re right, but we keep losing ground and it soon will be a possible outcome. Additionally, I’ve live in nova for 30 years and have seen the mountains gobble up WAA snows that have taken that approach angle west to east. I hope it doesn’t obviously but I think it’s now more of a real possibility than my thinking earlier today

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic
  • WxUSAF locked this topic