• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
WxUSAF

6 minutes ago, LP08 said:

ICON is southern slider.  Dusting to DC.  SW VA over to Richmond a general 2-4.  I don't have H5 out that far yet but it looked more consolidated early on as DC said.

1 minute ago, jaydreb said:

Icon is a disaster for everyone.  Hopefully it’s wrong. 

Yeah, ends up awful even though I thought the H5 look was a little improved, there were higher heights out in front that didn't end up mattering. 

2 minutes ago, jaydreb said:

Icon is a disaster for everyone.  Hopefully it’s wrong. 

Yea the HP doesn’t do any favors in upstate NY that run and shunts the low. Taken at face value not too bad of a run down this way for an advisory event but yea that was ugly.

7 minutes ago, LP08 said:

ICON is southern slider.  Dusting to DC.  SW VA over to Richmond a general 2-4.  I don't have H5 out that far yet but it looked more consolidated early on as DC said.

Looks to my untrained eye like NS comes down through NE and crushes it before it can gain more latitude.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, paulythegun said:

trying not to be too bantery, but this really gives you a picture. here's the vort, hour 64-140 moving from Oklahoma across North Carolina, as depicted on ICON/Euro/etc

blowout.gif

i just need to know how many Cruz noggins will be up come Monday if it snows all weekend. 

• Like 2

Just now, yoda said:

But it trended in the opposite direction compared to 06z

I’m looking at the big picture over a period of several days worth of runs. It’s trending away from a more consolidated coastal storm to one that gets suppressed more south and less impactful. H5 pattern looks different and NS more suppressive, faster flow and shearing aloft in the vort. 

Just now, Interstate said:

If the GFS is close to what is going to happen... We just need the energy in NE to move a little more west and get behind the SSW...

What’s the old adage? Need the trough to start swinging negative at the Mississippi River.....er something?

2 minutes ago, ers-wxman1 said:

I’m looking at the big picture over a period of several days worth of runs. It’s trending away from a more consolidated coastal storm to one that gets suppressed more south and less impactful. H5 pattern looks different and NS more suppressive, faster flow and shearing aloft in the vort. 

That's what I'm seeing as well.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic