• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
WxUSAF

10 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Yea, euro has been stubborn with the weak/sheared solution. I like PSU's logic that all southern waves have carried juice this year. Most wasted with rainfall but the seasonal trend has not been for weak/washed out light QPF events. We're all pretty much beggars at this point in the season so any snow will be good snow. It's been a rough first 5-6 weeks of met winter in these parts (and many parts of the conus). 

I for one have seen this happen countless times -- Euro holds out the longest on consolidating the energy and many times will show a shredded out mess at these leads. And seasonal trends have some validity when trying to decipher model output in such a situation, so I'll go along with it... until the 12z euro comes out at least :P

15 minutes ago, PivotPoint said:

I for one have seen this happen countless times -- Euro holds out the longest on consolidating the energy and many times will show a shredded out mess at these leads. And seasonal trends have some validity when trying to decipher model output in such a situation, so I'll go along with it... until the 12z euro comes out at least :P

I've actually seen the opposite in the mid range. Euro will show an amped up solution and then proceed to trim it back as the leads shorten. Not saying that's the case this time but there have been some infamous euro midrange crush jobs that disintegrated before the short range. 

• Like 7

I've actually seen the opposite in the mid range. Euro will show an amped up solution and then proceed to trim it back as the leads shorten. Not saying that's the case this time but there have been some infamous euro midrange crush jobs that disintegrated before the short range. 
Only when we are the recipients

4 minutes ago, Ji said:

Only when we are the recipients

GEFS down to just 4 members not putting down at least 2" in DC. Best and most agreed on run yet. The question is... do you trust the GFS twins and their 21 offspring?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

I can remember one of those last year. Can't remember the exact date but GFS was Dr. No and Euro kept spitting out clown maps up till like 48 hrs prior. Then it finally came in line with GFS and I think we ended up with a mix bag if I remember correctly.

To my point though... I also remember last year or the year before that all the models were on board and euro took its sweet ole time and everyone was freaking out till like, 24 hours before the event till FINALLY the euro came around almost verbatim to the GFS. So it goes both ways. Not sure which way it's skewed towards though. Your impression (skew) is probably the right one though

19 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Sometimes I think the individual members are more illustrative of where we stand than the mean. This is one of those times. A lot of very solid hits in there. We'll see if it holds. My thoughts are pretty much unchanged from a few days ago. This is the best shot at a moderate event yet, especially down there. I really want to see the Euro and EPS get on board though. 

E4 would debunk all the "snow hole-ist" fanatics out there

22 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Sometimes I think the individual members are more illustrative of where we stand than the mean. This is one of those times. A lot of very solid hits in there. We'll see if it holds. My thoughts are pretty much unchanged from a few days ago. This is the best shot at a moderate event yet, especially down there. I really want to see the Euro and EPS get on board though. 

Yup.  Looks like a few big hits skewing the mean.  Many outright busts in there.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Just now, Eskimo Joe said:

Yup.  Looks like a few big hits skewing the mean.  Many outright busts in there.

Huh?

GEFS down to just 4 members not putting down at least 2" in DC. Best and most agreed on run yet. The question is... do you trust the GFS twins and their 21 offspring?

• Like 3

Just now, Bob Chill said:

Have you looked at the previous GEFS runs? This was the best run yet irt agreement so the trend is towards an unbust

Yes, I checked the 00z / 06z...don't really see anything worth celebrating yet.  If we're seeing this for a few more runs then sure, but we've had this time and time again where folks get suckered off one fluke run of the GFS.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Yes, I checked the 00z / 06z...don't really see anything worth celebrating yet.  If we're seeing this for a few more runs then sure, but we've had this time and time again where folks get suckered off one fluke run of the GFS.

I don't think anyone is getting sucked in on the GEFS. Not with the euro/ukie showing weak/sheared mess still. But it's posting in bad faith to say the 12z GEFS run isn't the best one yet. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic