• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
WxUSAF

Gfs snows for 30 hours. I'll take the under.
Not as much energy got sucked back from the ridge closing off so the shortwave has more juice than the euro. Ns helped but that's not nearly as reliable at d4+ with the southern stream. Honestly, i'm surprised the gfs held the storm together as well as it did. H5 doesn't look that impressive. 
The angle and shape of ridge was different...the vort is also starting at a good latitude. Basically we just want some kind of low near us that can give us precip. There are so many little changes happening in so many different places that ultimately play a factor in final solution

Just now, stormtracker said:

lol  CMC is destruction.     Too bad it's the CMC.   Not staying up for the Euro tonight for it to sh*t all on my dreams.    I'll awake tomorrow, look at the thread page count and figure it out from there.

Can’t do that anymore. There are 50 comments if it is good, bad or nothing. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Ji said:
8 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:
Gfs snows for 30 hours. I'll take the under.
Not as much energy got sucked back from the ridge closing off so the shortwave has more juice than the euro. Ns helped but that's not nearly as reliable at d4+ with the southern stream. Honestly, i'm surprised the gfs held the storm together as well as it did. H5 doesn't look that impressive. 

The angle and shape of ridge was different...the vort is also starting at a good latitude. Basically we just want some kind of low near us that can give us precip. There are so many little changes happening in so many different places that ultimately play a factor in final solution

True. All ops give us snow of some amount. That's always a good sign. I mean we can still easily fail but having all models snow on you is a confidence boost. 

I might toss the cmc though. Doesnt close the ridge off and has practically no ns interaction. So that big hit was 100% amplified southern stream. Only model showing that solution

• Like 2

lol  CMC is destruction.     Too bad it's the CMC.   Not staying up for the Euro tonight for it to sh*t all on my dreams.    I'll awake tomorrow, look at the thread page count and figure it out from there.
Look at the gfs 500 anomaly. No way that looks like our biggest event since 2016 lol09340f9d19241bb0330157bffbac7644.jpg

4 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Thought I was the only one that did that.  As in about an hour ago, only to come back and see 4 pages +....   

2 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Fv3 is a good hit. A 1-2 punch. Might be double digits in dc. Lol

Is it doing the same thing, i.e., weird interaction with the NS digging down through Ohio?  Or is it keeping the main SS low stronger?

(ETA:  sorry, kind of slow going on TT right now, haven't seen it out that far yet).

4 minutes ago, Ji said:
11 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:
Cmc looks just like the gfs. Lol

2 of the worst models agree...one model hasn't been fed data since dec 27 haha

Sometimes they are 2 of the worst, sometimes they are 2 of the best.  Question is, which will they be this time?  The second graph shows that in the last 30 days, the CMC is getting back in the range of performing as well as it is capable of performing.

image.png.da512489795dd43a309db50058abf67e.png

image.png.199c2fe9063534fd09982d41e8269ab8.png

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic