Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2019 Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

5 minutes ago, dryslot said:

I was referencing NNE/CNE with those numbers, I certainly would not be that bold down in SNE right now, Some of this looks pretty warm the further south you go as the SLP tracks pretty far north initially, And i agree, There is upside potential if we can reverse this current trend but i would think at this point, Some areas, Pike north "could" pull 1-3" in the first s/w if it trends a tad colder as it stands.

Ha ha! ... riiight.

Yeah that changes the landscape a little, huh.    Up there we got other things to consider - it's kind of low-grade Mountain Meteorological consideration at all times, but enough so to matter. 

Sorry I don't have immediate familiarization of where other's hale from... even if it is written in their avatar region.   That's because I'm an asshole... 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

I was certainly not excited by overnight runs.  Still looks best N of here.

Yup. We remain checked out. All I see is places a little further south will be in the game, but nowhere near here anytime soon.

Winter is meh. Another rain event on Jan 5th. I’d rather it just be 60 and sunny 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Ha ha! ... riiight.

Yeah that changes the landscape a little, huh.    Up there we got other things to consider - it's kind of low-grade Mountain Meteorological consideration at all times, but enough so to matter. 

Sorry I don't have immediate familiarization of where other's hale from... even if it is written in their avatar region.   That's because I'm an asshole... 

:lol:

5 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I mentioned this earlier .. but, I don't think it likely ...particularly in the American cluster as an afterthought, the mid week would improve through the daylight hours of runs.

Hopefully I'm wrong... I hate to see people frustrated ... it would be nice to give them a nice deliciously modeled dystopic bomb at all times... but, here in reality I'm wondering what's being sampled over the Pac south of Alaska.

Yeah, I mean it was kind of a low confidence thing too. We'll see what 12z brings. For me personally, a little -SN would just be nice to see. 

If it's any consolation, I was just in the mode of hoping for any kind of snow/frozen after basically nothing since November. Finally got some Thursday and about half my yard is still coated. So, hopefully the trends will continue to move the better chances from north to south. 

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Would it be another 1-3” deal?

I dunno If we can handle another 

Like we saw last year?

was obvious yesterday this was going the way of fraud. Mon.nite is garbage and back side of trough energy rarely pans out especially with the difficulty models have modeling in extremely fast flow

until the flow slows down and there is buckling and traffic in the N Atlantic there will be no confidence and wild swings w anything 3.5 days out (plus) and would be cool if that was kept it mind 

maybe N SNE sees an inch tues am and CNE 2-3”. Seems possible if not likely even 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I dunno If we can handle another 

Like we saw last year?

was obvious yesterday this was going the way of fraud. Mon.nite is garbage and back side of trough energy rarely pans out especially with the difficulty models have modeling in extremely fast flow

until the flow slows down and there is buckling and traffic in the N Atlantic there will be no confidence and wild swings w anything 3.5 days out (plus) and would be cool if that was kept it mind 

Good post!  Very good to keep In mind.  

2 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

What would u put the odds of advisory snows at ...right now from this one ...so ppl don’t become carried away. 

20-30%?

for part one? Seems low. Maybe 1-2 with a spot 3 near NH or VT border. Second part seems highly questionable and could change.

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

for part one? Seems low. Maybe 1-2 with a spot 3 near NH or VT border. Second part seems highly questionable and could change.

What amount is advisory ? WWA in non ice storm 

i was thinking more part deux of this thing .....part 1 ....most realists would be thrilled if 1-2” doesn’t morph into dusting to a slushy coating or see this weaken any more in the 2.5 -3days left till it begins 

• ORH_wxman locked and unpinned this topic