• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2019 Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

Yeah... again, it smacks as assimilation vs physical materialization of input causing that variance...

I don't see another source.  The problem in a governing sense is that that situation mid week is highly sensitive to subtle errors ...errors that ultimately have to come from the initialization data, because the Physical equations that guide the outcomes don't change themselves.  It's gotta be that wave mechanics situated over the lower GOA ... it's nearing the west coast. 

Ha...I'm smiling at the moment because it's really true - when one is starving they focus so intently on the crumbs of salvation.  If we were in one of those patterns where we're getting snow with least excuse imagined ...we wouldn't even be having this discussion about Tuesday. 

Anyway, yeah Scott... in that same vein...I've long since cast asunder any expectations and even that 20 minutes of snow two mornings ago had it's place for me.  It's awesome when one gives up - losing expectation will set you free! 

14 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

What amount is advisory ? WWA in non ice storm 

i was thinking more part deux of this thing .....part 1 ....most realists would be thrilled if 1-2” doesn’t morph into dusting to a slushy coating or see this weaken any more in the 2.5 -3days left till it begins 

Haha, well I wouldn't really entertain part 2. That may be a dendy to dryslot special too. I;d rather see what Ukmet and Euro do.

11 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Yeah... again, it smacks as assimilation vs physical materialization of input causing that variance...

I don't see another source.  The problem in a governing sense is that that situation mid week is highly sensitive to subtle errors ...errors that ultimately have to come from the initialization data, because the Physical equations that guide the outcomes don't change themselves.  It's gotta be that wave mechanics situated over the lower GOA ... it's nearing the west coast. 

Ha...I'm smiling at the moment because it's really true - when one is starving they focus so intently on the crumbs of salvation.  If we were in one of those patterns where we're getting snow with least excuse imagined ...we wouldn't even be having this discussion about Tuesday. 

Anyway, yeah Scott... in that same vein...I've long since cast asunder any expectations and even that 20 minutes of snow two mornings ago had it's place for me.  It's awesome when one gives up - losing expectation will set you free! 

It's like a very small version of the 1980s. :lol:   when 3-6" was the "white zone" on snow maps...which meant good to my weenie eyes!

3 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Looks like we descend into a colder regime  for a more prolonged spell after the mid week systems move out.

Yeah. Although we may flirt with borderline pattern for a couple of days near the 15-17 or so as things shake out...overall I don't think we can complain. 

26 minutes ago, EastonSN+ said:

I hate all this rain and I dont like the look of the MJO since it looks like it flies through phase 8 and back into phase 5.

Nothing shows that.  

Euro:  a few renegade members in 5 but most remain in cod pointing to a return on the left side of the diagram.

C7C33DB9-2DA2-437F-8D02-DFF0A27E6CA1.gif

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

Idk I read the people would be freaking out if this rain was snow when a foot was forecast,  would have had 7 with a 10 to 1 ratio.  .68 here and raining pretty good. 

Funny you should mention it.   Garbage pickup today with a holiday Tuesday.   Had to dump water before flipping the cover back up.

• ORH_wxman locked and unpinned this topic