Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Discussion II

Typhoon Tip

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

So with a favorable eps track and op track , we’re discussing day 7 snow maps? I mean people that don’t know wx do that. We are better than that 

lol, another great example of if a snow map showed fun stuff there'd be no comment.

Thats just an OP snapshot, gotta take the good maps with the bad.  EPS weren't much better.  Potential is there though, I'm sure the snow maps will fly proudly if the potential actually shows up graphically.

That 24th flat waver's been in and out of the guidance for the better part of the week.  Random ensemble members of the GEF also inconsistent in themselves... No one's sure, changing minds. 

I've been watching that - mentioned it as one of those sort of "offset" anomalies, just because in the larger scaled spatial relationships it fits to have something tuck in that time frame,  and given to a fast progressive pre-SE ridge bulge, you'd prefer to see it be of the open wave variety like that too.  It's hard to say if the model's just using whatever it finds in that numerically unstable set up or if there's really potency to hone in on, but one thing is for sure...in that flow construct... whatever it is keying on must probably be somewhere out near the date line.  Frankly, anything from nothing to a Novie 1987 is possible out of that period.

8 minutes ago, kdxken said:

1930s and 1950s really sucked here...and very recently the 2010s. Matches what I've remembered about our climatology. 1970s weren't even great either in NE.  1980s were surprisingly not bad despite horrific seasonal totals. 2000s we're pretty good as remembered and the 1960s were off the charts good. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Snow88 said:

Gfs gets frigid after the cutter. I still think the cutter might track further south or even get shredded due to the negative nao.

Are you referring to Friday?  Is that a 'cutter'?

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

1930s and 1950s really sucked here...and very recently the 2010s. Matches what I've remembered about our climatology. 1970s weren't even great either in NE.  1980s were surprisingly not bad despite horrific seasonal totals. 2000s we're pretty good as remembered and the 1960s were off the charts good. 

Was sorta surprised at the 1980s...front loaded?

2 hours ago, powderfreak said:

lol, another great example of if a snow map showed fun stuff there'd be no comment.

Thats just an OP snapshot, gotta take the good maps with the bad.  EPS weren't much better.  Potential is there though, I'm sure the snow maps will fly proudly if the potential actually shows up graphically.

Euro seasonal snow maps, I know right, have extensive way above normal snow for all of New England  for January , AN  for Feb for us ,normal for you.

33 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Was sorta surprised at the 1980s...front loaded?

They had some cold Decembers that kept small snowpack around even though they weren't very prolific...years like 1985, 1980, 1989, etc. In ORH, a lot of those years would have like 2" OTG.