Newest Member
    joxey
December Banter 2018

George BM

10 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Yeah. I don’t get it either.

JI should change his name to JV. 

48 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

He wants to throw a fit because he isn't happy and so he finds whatever supports his emotional tantrum. If it's a 16 day op then so be it. 

Ji has always been this way.  Remember last winter how it was with him?  

3 hours ago, showmethesnow said:

Carolinas do have another thing going for them. Duck Donuts. But besides them and the shore nothing else positive comes to mind.

Moved this to banter for what may amount to some controversy, although not the intent.  Had some Duck Donuts (DDs) a couple months ago at my work.  No intent to offend any of the worshipers of Ducks, of which there are many, but the experience was a big let down.  Heard folks rave about DDs for some time and really expected more.  Found the taste rather bland actually.  I'm not a huge Crispy Cream fan myself, but would take Crispy Creams over Duck any day.  Still don't see them giving Dunkin a real run for their money.  When Dunkin's are fresh they are hard to beat.     

2 minutes ago, RDM said:

Moved this to banter for what may amount to some controversy, although not the intent.  Had some Duck Donuts (DDs) a couple months ago at my work.  No intent to offend any of the worshipers of Ducks, of which there are many, but the experience was a big let down.  Heard folks rave about DDs for some time and really expected more.  Found the taste rather bland actually.  I'm not a huge Crispy Cream fan myself, but would take Crispy Creams over Duck any day.  Still don't see them giving Dunkin a real run for their money.  When Dunkin's are fresh they are hard to beat.     

I thought the Fractured Prune was the premiere donut spot down that way? 

11 minutes ago, RDM said:

Laughing out loud here and I don't even have a clue why other than to conjure a guess the reference to "the Fractured Prune" is not about donuts?  Gddamit, can't stop laughing...  

Nah man....the place is pretty incredible. There r a few around in this subforum region. 

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g41298-d1571525-Reviews-Fractured_Prune-Ocean_City_Maryland.html

https://fracturedprune.com/hand-dipped-doughnuts-menu/

3 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Nah man....the place is pretty incredible. There r a few around in this subforum region. 

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g41298-d1571525-Reviews-Fractured_Prune-Ocean_City_Maryland.html

Thanks for the link Ralph - Well I'll be....  Pics of their products do look pretty tasty.  Eat too many of them and you may need a prune or two to fracture things up a bit.  Will keep them in mind if the opportunity presents itself.  

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, RDM said:

Thought Duck was just alright when I tried them a couple times down at OBX. Though many seem to worship them down there I do agree with you, Dunkin Donuts beats them hands down. Crispy Cremes on the other hand I am not a big fan of whatsoever. They are quite often over sweet for my tastes. 

2 hours ago, showmethesnow said:

Thought Duck was just alright when I tried them a couple times down at OBX. Though many seem to worship them down there I do agree with you, Dunkin Donuts beats them hands down. Crispy Cremes on the other hand I am not a big fan of whatsoever. They are quite often over sweet for my tastes. 

Dunkin's chocolate covered custard donuts are some of my favorite anywhere. I don't eat them very often (Maybe once a year), but man are they good. Usually get them when I go out for a snow drive with a cup of coffee

4 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

Dunkin's chocolate covered custard donuts are some of my favorite anywhere. I don't eat them very often (Maybe once a year), but man are they good. Usually get them when I go out for a snow drive with a cup of coffee

Now you are talking. My favorite donuts though the apple fritter is a close second. But unlike you I don't have the self control to limit myself to just one a year. Hence my spare tire around my waste. 

• Haha 1

Just now, showmethesnow said:

Now you are talking. My favorite donuts though the apple fritter is a close second. But unlike you I don't have the self control to limit myself to just one a year. Hence my spare tire around my waste. 

I limit mine since I'm diabetic, but I understand the love man. They are killer. The apple fritters are pretty good too. Dunkin get's overlooked on their donuts. Some places aren't as good within the franchise, but I always knew which Dunkin's to make my pit stops. When I lived in Hagerstown, there was one right off I-81 near Maugensville where I lived. Everything was so good because I'm sure all the truckers in there would have a fit if they weren't lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

I thought 'take a step back' was banned? We now say 'crap the bed' or 'abscond', right? 

We have been here long enough to know...yes it's going to snow...maybe a lot maybe a little but it most likely won't be the way any model currently shows and definitely won't be the way the guessers are saying. I'm not being critical so hopefully people won't get upset it's fun to speculate and analyze and yes educated guess but the weather is gonna do what the weathers gonna do. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

We have been here long enough to know...yes it's going to snow...maybe a lot maybe a little but it most likely won't be the way any model currently shows and definitely won't be the way the guessers are saying. I'm not being critical so hopefully people won't get upset it's fun to speculate and analyze and yes educated guess but the weather is gonna do what the weathers gonna do. 

Just know that I am sticking with the 15th.

Not necessarily for any snow though. Just the beginning of the sweeet h5 look! (it will surely produce, by Feb)

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

Ditto. I like to consider myself a speculator and it's essentially only a guessing game for most of us hobbyists. The discussion, friendly debates, and analysis are what make it fun. Well, that and the payout when we cash in of course. 

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic