Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Discussion

NorEastermass128

38 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Huge high over the Atlantic and a low over se Canada...classic.

Just begging for a  positive cold-dry-whiff/warm-wet oscillation.

We ingest these types of potential outcomes as part of our climo. in NE.   This relatively calm period is a deviation from the action that is coming later.

Have not seen this kind of dry in a long, long time.   Hate to say it but I'm all good with a period of no precipitation.  It's been 6 months seen I've seen a forecast that was this dry.

Overnight
Mostly clear, with a low around 19. Calm wind.
Thursday
Increasing clouds, with a high near 37. Calm wind becoming southwest around 6 mph in the afternoon.
Thursday Night
Isolated snow showers between 10pm and 11pm. Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly clear, with a low around 24. Southwest wind 3 to 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Friday
Sunny, with a high near 32. Northwest wind 5 to 9 mph.
Friday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 8. Northwest wind 3 to 6 mph.
Saturday
Sunny, with a high near 27. Northwest wind 3 to 7 mph.
Saturday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 12. Light west wind.
Sunday
Sunny, with a high near 33. Calm wind becoming west around 5 mph in the afternoon.
Sunday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 17. Light west wind.
Monday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 34. Light north wind.
Monday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 18. Light north wind.
Tuesday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 32. Light northwest wind.
Tuesday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 18. Light west wind.
Wednesday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 32. Light northwest wind.

Well, I'm glad I had lost interest in this one back on Monday.  I didn't even look at the board after yesterday morning until now.  The number of new pages immediately told me "it's over".  Over before it even began.

Not that it matters at this point, the 06z GFS moved next week's coastal back to an inside-runner.

Let's enjoy the cool temps.  At least we can feel wintery.  And, I can take advantage of no snow to stack some wood over the weekend.

32 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I didn’t think 11-15 looked so wonderful to tell you the truth.   I realize James is building castles in the sky but the rest of you may want to temper enthusiasm until post 12/20-27. Of course home grown cold is always possible so chances arent zero.

Post 12/25

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, JBinStoughton said:

If we can get the party started by late Dec or early Jan that wouldn’t be half bad. We’ve certainly had to wait much longer than that before.  Let’s hope once it starts, it stays.  

It’s typical December niño. We likely will miss next week so that’s bad luck. That’s how it goes sometimes. The pattern overall has been decent.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I won’t be surprised if we all have a white Xmas 

This. Notice the same guys that were all one eyed pig talk don’t mention it anymore. So why should they be believed now?? 3-4 day relaxation and then winter. Not bitterly cold but not the 2-3 week bleek picture some were pimping last week. 

3 minutes ago, Zach’s Pop said:

Really?? Would you like me to bump your posts from early last week??  Careful before you say yes. 

Im not sure what you’re seeing,but the longer range doesn’t look good. Sure you can sneak an event in amid an overall milder pattern, but that doesn’t make it a good look.

I definitely wouldn’t call it a 3-4 day relaxation and return to winter.

10 minutes ago, Zach’s Pop said:

This. Notice the same guys that were all one eyed pig talk don’t mention it anymore. So why should they be believed now?? 3-4 day relaxation and then winter. Not bitterly cold but not the 2-3 week bleek picture some were pimping last week. 

Also, I’m not sure what you’re deal is. They were right. It’s going to become hostile for a time, definitely longer than a few days too. 

10 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Im not sure what you’re seeing,but the longer range doesn’t look good. Sure you can sneak an event in amid an overall milder pattern, but that doesn’t make it a good look.

I definitely wouldn’t call it a 3-4 day relaxation and return to winter.

I think you're wrong, that's exactly what it looks like. LR looks fine. 

30 minutes ago, Zach’s Pop said:

Check out 11-15 on all the ensembles.   Here in SNE we may sneak something in with home grown eastern Canada cold but the pattern is not good-not completely awful but when the pv is on the other side of the world and western Canada is getting flooded with milder air it’s not great.   I have no doubt about the overall evolution to goodness late month.   But we have to cruise and hope to have some cold winning locally when it’s the underdog.