• Member Statistics

    15,884
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    WXMal4
    Newest Member
    WXMal4
    Joined
Sign in to follow this  
DomNH

11/20 Storm Disco & Obs

Recommended Posts

47 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

We'll eek out 5" I think.   More fluffy the last hour and stacking nicely on the compacted base from earlier.

It's nice to break a foot of snow for month of November.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WxBlue said:

It's nice to break a foot of snow for month of November.

Prob a top 5-10 November there...and in a lot of other spots around the region. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

Prob a top 5-10 November there...and in a lot of other spots around the region. 

It's like I'm a good luck charm with snow events ever since I moved to here haha.

Final event total: 6.2"

Year total: 13.7"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HoarfrostHubb said:

Def mid winter look tonight.  Lots of black ice too

I just slid about 30ft on black ice coming back from Market Basket. There's patchy dense 1/4SM FZFG down around the Winni River, but clear as a bell up here. It looks magical out there with everything caked in 7" of snow with the full moon. 28F and droppin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd probably have a WWA issued for black ice right now. My area usually isn't bad, but most of my route down rt3 into downtown Tilton was a skating rink. I'm sure the rest of the state has spots just as bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I'd probably have a WWA issued for black ice right now. My area usually isn't bad, but most of my route down rt3 into downtown Tilton was a skating rink. I'm sure the rest of the state has spots just as bad.

Yeah, it's awful with the slush freezing up. I had to work hard to drive around the town tonight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Def mid winter look tonight.  Lots of black ice too

Sure is. It was surpringly slick getting out of here this morning too. Going to have to go skiing soon if this weather keeps up.  Quite a different look in metro west.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, CTValleySnowMan said:

Pretty icy here as well, almost fell on my a** takin the garbage out,  ended up doing the uncomfortable splits.  Pack is down to piles.  Oh well nice start anyways congrats up north. 

Just had the same experience. It's an icy fog night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Verification:

https://easternmassweather.blogspot.com/2018/11/1120-verification.html

Did better than the last one...perfect across SNE, a little light over NH. I'm nailing Mass so far this season, but struggling a nit to the south (CT last event) and north (NH this event). The bust in CT last ever was worse.

165036636_ScreenShot2018-11-20at11_31_18PM.thumb.png.309e75fe3684cce7f5086544e36b7fff.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Totals from the immediate area. Everyone is pretty much in line. I may have lost a tiny bit of liquid from the bottom of my core.

 

Tilton-Northfield 3.3 NE    7.8"  0.64"
Sanbornton 2.3 WNW      7.8"  0.52"
Belmont 1.7 SW              7.7"  0.62"
Northfield 1 W  (me)        7.5"  0.50"
Northfield 2.8 E               7.4"  0.53"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Verification:

https://easternmassweather.blogspot.com/2018/11/1120-verification.html

Did better than the last one...perfect across SNE, a little light over NH. I'm nailing Mass so far this season, but struggling a nit to the south (CT last event) and north (NH this event). The bust in CT last ever was worse.

165036636_ScreenShot2018-11-20at11_31_18PM.thumb.png.309e75fe3684cce7f5086544e36b7fff.png

i submitted a report late day for 2”. they are using a ham radio report from 700am of 0.5 when the snow just started. Im not sure why they dont cycle out old reports, it would make the snow maps more accurate. Happens all the time I am sure.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.