Newest Member
    Monty
11/15-11/16 Coastal Storm Observation Thread

NJwx85

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Wannabehippie said:

Not that I am seeing. I am on 37th street between 5th and 6th. Everything is just wet from corner to corner and on the avenues.

i am a little past the upper east side the streets are snow covered and the sidewalks as  well..posters who are in the harlem area will vouch  what i say is 100% correct...

2 minutes ago, NycStormChaser said:

I'll admit I was wrong. But no one said it can't snow in November. It happened 3 times the past 6 years. 

They must be forgetting the storm after Sandy when we got 8-10 inches of snow in Nassau County and over a foot of snow in Central NJ, and that was more than a week earlier than this storm.

Just now, LibertyBell said:

They must be forgetting the storm after Sandy when we got 8-10 inches of snow in Nassau County and over a foot of snow in Central NJ

Oh I remember it alright. This one is performing better for us over here. Also not as heavy a snow as that one, which was the last snow until Feb that year...

2 minutes ago, nycwinter said:

i am a little past the upper east side the streets are snow covered and the sidewalks as  well..posters who are in the harlem area will vouch  what i say is 100% correct...

Where I am in Upper Manhattan no surfaces were spared. On the parts where no cars went there around around 3 inches of snow on the roads, and I measured about 5-5.5 inches on grassy areas.

2 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

This is certainly the worst positive bust since probably 12/5/03.  There’s been some forecast moderate storms that ended up very big but it’s been awhile since something expected to be next to nothing ended up this bad.  I think it’s a bigger bust than 2/2008 

What about the November storm right after Sandy

23 minutes ago, RU848789 said:

As of 4 pm, 5" here in Metuchen and still snowing moderately to heavily, although smalller flakes (had huge flakes earlier). Looks like 6-7" is possible with the snow/rain line looking like it's at the border of Monmouth and Middlesex, at least 1-2 hours away, I think. Just shoveled and I rescind my earlier comment about it being heavy and wet (made from just driving through it) - it's more "standard" to me - maybe 10:1 ratio snow - can make snowballs, but it's not soupy by any stretch

Looks as if the changeover is happening a little earlier than that. I just changed over to mostly sleet. I have 5 inches and I think that's going to be about it, now that it's sleeting. Still a very nice overperformer.

Archived