Jump to content
  • Welcome to American Weather

    Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

NewYorkweatherfan

Spring 2018 banter

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Stormlover74 said:

Weather.com top story

 

Screenshot_2018-04-06-10-50-10.png

Racoons, not feeling well?  Here's a healthplan:  STOP EATING GARBAGE!!!!!! You'll feel much better and get sick a lot less.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

Not much precipation either, something like .25 for the winter?

Yeah, really extreme drought. 

It is #raining at our office, with 0.01" measured so far today! Yes, we call that liquid falling from the clouds #rain. This is our first measured rain since February 17th, and our 2nd since October 13th (0.02" since that date). Keep those rain dances going! #phwx #txwx #okwxpic.twitter.com/79KkXXfF4L
View photo ·    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, bluewave said:

Yeah, really extreme drought. 

It is #raining at our office, with 0.01" measured so far today! Yes, we call that liquid falling from the clouds #rain. This is our first measured rain since February 17th, and our 2nd since October 13th (0.02" since that date). Keep those rain dances going! #phwx #txwx #okwxpic.twitter.com/79KkXXfF4L
View photo ·    

Probably the last place on earth I would ever want to live. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Probably the last place on earth I would ever want to live. 

Texas wouldn't be on my favorite weather places to live list.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Probably the highest snow levels I've ever seen on this product: 12,500 ft. Warm subtropical moisture at record levels for this time of the year & for the entire year. #CAwx pic.twitter.com/BZZSsdT7q8
 
#Oakland has topped the Nov-to-May record for atmospheric moisture that it set just this morning. It's now a Oct-to-Jun record. pic.twitter.com/9PATYCyaVb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

Why do people leave the forums after winter ends ?

They aren't true weather weenies like the rest of us.

They are snow weenies and at that some are only foot plus snow weenies. I have friends that moved to Vegas last year and go on and on about how great it is there.  I’d be bored out of my freaking mind with the weather there. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

Why do people leave the forums after winter ends ?

They aren't true weather weenies like the rest of us.

They'll come back if there's a significant event happening, but other than that there's nothing of interest. 

Unless god forbid we actually get a severe weather season for once.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

They are snow weenies and at that some are only foot plus snow weenies. I have friends that moved to Vegas last year and go on and on about how great it is there.  I’d be bored out of my freaking mind with the weather there. 

Major case of weather boredom in Las Vegas. Way too much heat to really enjoy the outdoors during the warm season. If I had to live in a place with less interesting weather, it would probably be along the California Coast from north of the Bay area down to Monterey. At least that area misses out on the extreme heat. They also have very reasonable annual heating and cooling bills.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

They are snow weenies and at that some are only foot plus snow weenies. I have friends that moved to Vegas last year and go on and on about how great it is there.  I’d be bored out of my freaking mind with the weather there. 

very high on the list of the reasons I moved back east after living in Los Angeles for 11 years. Sun gets boring af every day.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ny10019 said:

very high on the list of the reasons I moved back east after living in Los Angeles for 11 years. Sun gets boring af every day.

Lived in northern San Diego County from Dec 82-Aug 86. Extremely boring, although I did go through one of the most intense El Niño seasons on record in 82-83. Had quite a few heavy rain events and “cold” days where daytime temps stayed in the 50s. Had frost on multiple occasions in the winters where I was (in a valley at an elevation of about 650 ft)

Brush fires made things a little exciting from time to time.

One good thing about living there though is that you save money on car washes. You can literally wipe the dust off your car for months at a time between rain events lol.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like snow, from Dec-Feb, but I’d honestly trade it for a warmer climate with more/better thunderstorms. LI sucks when it comes to thunderstorms, and delayed spring warmth just adds insult to injury.

Places like FL, SE TX, and coastal GA/SC are better aligned with my climatic preferences.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cfa said:

I like snow, from Dec-Feb, but I’d honestly trade it for a warmer climate with more/better thunderstorms. LI sucks when it comes to thunderstorms, and delayed spring warmth just adds insult to injury.

Places like FL, SE TX, and coastal GA/SC are better aligned with my climatic preferences.

Maybe you should move there.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/6/2018 at 12:02 PM, forkyfork said:

lol @ being sad over no snow on an april weekend. get help

I agree with you but that get help comment was above the PG rating

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Cfa said:

I like snow, from Dec-Feb, but I’d honestly trade it for a warmer climate with more/better thunderstorms. LI sucks when it comes to thunderstorms, and delayed spring warmth just adds insult to injury.

Places like FL, SE TX, and coastal GA/SC are better aligned with my climatic preferences.

I honestly believe we're on a dangerous road in the NYC area in the next 20 years. Forget about 100

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Snow88 said:

Why do people leave the forums after winter ends ?

They aren't true weather weenies like the rest of us.

Can't speak for everyone, but I think it's just that folks have more time to post during winter months. I don't post much after winter because I hate spring and during summer I'm usually pretty busy. I'll still lurk in here though.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think warmest day of April is going to be  the 23rd.  CFS has +200m heights, but shows a BN 2mT.  The AN heights goes with the Rossby Wave Train idea----Warmish during Apr. 13-27.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, weathermedic said:

Lived in northern San Diego County from Dec 82-Aug 86. Extremely boring, although I did go through one of the most intense El Niño seasons on record in 82-83. Had quite a few heavy rain events and “cold” days where daytime temps stayed in the 50s. Had frost on multiple occasions in the winters where I was (in a valley at an elevation of about 650 ft)

Brush fires made things a little exciting from time to time.

One good thing about living there though is that you save money on car washes. You can literally wipe the dust off your car for months at a time between rain events lol.

Yup nice for months at a time in Tahoe too. Sometimes I miss that when we can't get more than a couple of days at a time here.

Hence https://www.calcarduster.com/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want the warmer weather already as long as it remains active storm wise as I am pretty much done with this cold/cool spring weather. Give me temps in the 60's and 70's.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×