Newest Member
    joxey
March Mid/Long Range Disco 3

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Really need the phase with the 2 pieces too. Disjointed won't work. That's what the euro has been doing. 

legit threat though.  highs to the north.  if it doesn't happen, we'll at least be going out swinging lol.

3 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

I like the run regardless of outcome at surface.  Less confluence to  the ne.. led to better hieghts out front 

Yea man. That's the key. The low can track from mobile Alabama if the departing low gets out of the way. If the gfs phased it would have punched north with relative ease too. Not an eye candy run but awful close and 5 days away. 

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

Yea man. That's the key. The low can track from mobile Alabama if the departing low gets out of the way. If the gfs phased it would have punched north with relative ease too. Not an eye candy run but awful close and 5 days away. 

And just south at 5 days ain't a bad spot to be in general, right?

What concerns me (and I am south and west of most of the forum) is that this presents like a move towards the euro's solution with the south shift.  If they meet in the middle, it is not good for DC or me either.  Tonight's euro run will help inform us of whether it is model convergence, or caving by the GFS.  Of course, even more interesting at this range is what the ensembles do at 0Z.

1 minute ago, Maestrobjwa said:

And just south at 5 days ain't a bad spot to be in general, right?

Not a bad spot at all. There's a lot of little pieces congealing and those little details mean everything. No model will get it right at 5 days out. Not a chance. Being north of the action is far better than south too. 

Just now, Bob Chill said:

Not a bad spot at all. There's a lot of little pieces congealing and those little details mean everything. No model will get it right at 5 days out. Not a chance. Being north of the action is far better than south too. 

Agree it’s good.  I am one tick away from 6 inches in W PWC.  That’s a lot more than I expect at 5 days.  

Archived