• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 7th 2018 Coastal Storm thread (not obs)

Rjay

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Euro correcting west as expected. I’m thinking it’ll come down to what happens with the low once it gets to between Cape May and ACY. Does it keep going north or head NE? Where do the 500 and 700 lows track? You want them to go east of you as well. 
Still a bm track..

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Looks like the mid level tracks are perfect on the Euro for big time snow around the city and coast, and NW areas do very well also. Hopefully this is settling on consensus and the NAM can tick east a bit. 

Yeh the euro is a major snowfall for the area. Now the question is this done trending west ?  The American models have clearly led the way . At 18z I want to see the nam shift 50-75 miles east

Looks like the mid level tracks are perfect on the Euro for big time snow around the city and coast, and NW areas do very well also. Hopefully this is settling on consensus and the NAM can tick east a bit. 
Yes. This is an absolutely perfect track for the metro area

2 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

Euro QPF, much better for everyone. Keep in mind that the Euro is still on the Eastern edge of the guidance envelope. 

5a9d894091b35.png

Jersey is crushed; 10-15”. That’s the CMC, Ukie, and Euro all in agreement. Goofus is lost and the NAM is amping this thing up to the high heavens. Seems about right. I like my chances. 

Was a major west shift from 0z. That's his point.
Yeah brother... Read the conversation he and I have been having. I said earlier, the writing may be on the wall for LI. But, if the NAM moves a bit East, and the Euro holds only coming this far west (bm) this may be a good track for the metro area.

2 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

In the past the Euro track would be a lock, but the Euro's been a lot more shaky lately. However there's a very good consensus this time around.

I'd still be a lot more comfortable N&W of the city though. 

I don't know the technical details, I wonder why the NAM is suddenly much better and the Euro much worse.

• Rjay unpinned this topic

Archived