• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 7th 2018 Coastal Storm thread (not obs)

Rjay

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

Yup, the GGEM kicks the storm more ESE instead of Northeastward. While it gives more precip to the coast, it still gets the 1"+ QPF contour back to the PA/NJ border.

I'm confused a bit. If the storm is a coastal hugger as some are suggesting, then it should mean that places like mine, SI, Brooklyn, should not be expecting much. 

1 minute ago, Snow88 said:

It depends where the low closes off.

The 500 low closing off over S NJ would only be good for interior areas. We would likely see a couple or few inches if lucky that would be washed away, then dryslot. Luckily, most other models have it closing off south of Long Island, which would be much better. 

7 minutes ago, snywx said:

RGEM looks tucked as well. So far the hi res models favor a hugger. Could be a March to remember for the interior..

2 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

The meteograms show a decent amount of snow for the coast on the rgem

I meant it will be the 2nd big time snow event for the interior in March and its only the beginning

3 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

Would be tough with a tightly wound system like this to hit everybody.

The GFS would be great for 95% of us, except far eastern LI and they probably even get hit good. 1"+ liquid as snow for just about everyone. And the thermals are too warm-with every layer except the surface below freezing, it would be snow. 

• Rjay unpinned this topic

Archived