• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 7th 2018 Coastal Storm thread (not obs)

Rjay

1 minute ago, jm1220 said:

The GFS would be great for 95% of us, except far eastern LI and they probably even get hit good. 1"+ liquid as snow for just about everyone. And the thermals are too warm-with every layer except the surface below freezing, it would be snow. 

haven't we seen the rain/snow line with the rain arriving faster and more widespread a lot of times? This is March after all, I'm thinking last year

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, weatherpruf said:

haven't we seen the rain/snow line with the rain arriving faster and more widespread a lot of times? This is March after all, I'm thinking last year

This tightly wound of a system would have cold air pressed in close to the center. The airmass in general is colder this time than the last storm. You'd likely be snow where 850s are below freezing. 

5 minutes ago, snywx said:

GGEM has been doing some serious west trending in the last 24 hrs. Im sure its not done yet

It's moving towards consensus. NAM is the west outlier and Euro the east outlier. I'd be pretty shocked if the Euro doesn't bump west today or tonight. 

The other question is when the east hook begins. A sooner closing off may help it start jogging east earlier. The hug up to around Cape May looks real-what happens after that is what'll make or break it around NYC. 

• Rjay unpinned this topic

Archived