Newest Member
    joxey
Median to above confidence for moderate (major?) impact event, midweek

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, dryslot said:

That's the saving grace, Bulk of the heavier precip fall overnight up here, maybe we pull off a little higher ratio which would be cake but i'm sticking with 10:1.

Agreed.

21 minutes ago, dryslot said:

A wise choice, Going to be seeing close to blizzard conditions to boot.

I won't be seeing much with the overnight component--but I'll take nonetheless.

20 minutes ago, WthrJunkyME said:

First time all winter I feel locked in for some great snow and Thursday happens to be my birthday!  Unfortunately, I suffered a heart attack Saturday night.  Thank you to dryslot’s neighbors in Lewiston for saving my sorry ass!  Proud owner of two stents, no restrictions, feel great and will be blowing snow Thursday. :D  I am in complete awe of medical science right now.

So sorry to hear--but happy to hear the outcome!

3 minutes ago, 78Blizzard said:

download_model-en-087-0_modez_2018030612

Yes, please.

Hey guys, posted this in the NYC thread, but figured i'd ask in here as well:

What do you guys think the start time on this thing is for eastern PA/northern NJ? I will be traveling from western VA to CT and am wondering if I should just drive straight through or be able to stop around 10pm and then get an early start?

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

WTH was Hoth talking about with CT qpf screwgie

The "snowfall QPF" map shows it...Ryan mentioned it was the sfc temps...the alogirthm took some snow away in central CT.

Not sure what the wxbell maps have? I surprisingly haven't seen one posted in here yet....amazing restraint by everyone, lol.

30 minutes ago, WthrJunkyME said:

First time all winter I feel locked in for some great snow and Thursday happens to be my birthday!  Unfortunately, I suffered a heart attack Saturday night.  Thank you to dryslot’s neighbors in Lewiston for saving my sorry ass!  Proud owner of two stents, no restrictions, feel great and will be blowing snow Thursday. :D  I am in complete awe of medical science right now.

Wow tough but thankful news!  Stay well!

11 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Was thinking the part up in the NW corner of 128. For you and I, not expecting much. Maybe hope for a few at the end. 

I hope just this once you’re mistaken, but to be honest I’m not getting a good vibe from this either. Onto faux severe and recurving hurricanes LOL

1 minute ago, Cyclone-68 said:

I hope just this once you’re mistaken, but to be honest I’m not getting a good vibe from this either. Onto faux severe and recurving hurricanes LOL

It's real close. Part of me is going with a small nude NW of the euro. But I am also not saying zero snow. Could be a sloppy couple of inches on either side for us? Real tough.

5 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Dare I ask how old you are?

I’ll be 54 on Thursday.  Fairly good shape, don’t smoke but I didn’t take my high blood pressure seriously.  Big brother had same thing when he was exactly my age.  Should’ve listened to him.  Very little heart damage though because I knew what it was right from the start and got help quick.  I have a small, pinhead size mark on my arm where they ran in the catheter to my heart for the stents. That’s it, no other sign.  Just amazing what they can do nowadays.  I feel better now than I have in years, I just didn’t know I was going downhill.

Sorry for the off topic, carry on!

36 minutes ago, WthrJunkyME said:

Dude go slow now

Could be a Feb 5, 2001-esque snowfall gradient...that one had 12-18" in the 495 belt, still near 10" NW of 128 and N of pike and then by the time you got to BOS, it was like 3" of slop that happened when the winds went north (though prob more than that on west side of city)

Archived