joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March Mid/Long Range Discussion 2

Cobalt

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The reason the location of the secondary low for Wednesday doesn't seem to help is because what matters is the primary for 2 reasons. The flow around that is out of the SW so it's going to dryslot south of the track. Also it's vertically stacked so the old primary is also roughly where the upper energy is and that will eventually become the focus of precip on the west side as the low develops. South of that track dryslots. The WAA precip with any low is northeast of it. With a low forming east of us we're never in the running for that. So if the primary and upper energy goes north we get no precip no matter how south or close the low forms.  The trend that looked interesting yesterday was the primary and upper energy trending south. That's now trending north again. 

The storm day 7 is the one to put our hope in. That's a setup we can win. 50/50. -nao. Good ridge trough axis. Storm coming at us from the southwest. 

We need a amped system with a perfect track but that setup can work. Not will but can. I'm pinning my hopes on that Hail Mary. 

4 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Yeah. That is a classic two footer out this way as modeled. Only 27 more runs until it verifies.

Looks a lot like 2016's evolution....dint care what the snow maps say...if we get a stalled 980 low at the mouth of the ches...it's most likely 20"+ storm.  

Long ways to go with this one...but the big ones a re sniffed out early, right? :P

44 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

That is honestly a much better set up @ h5 as advertised right now. All the eggs are going into that basket I think.

I have been more optimistic in the march 10-13 window for our Hail Mary for a while. It's a more classic way we win.  Could still fail but it's a more viable setup.  

5 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

I have been more optimistic in the march 10-13 window for our Hail Mary for a while. It's a more classic way we win.  Could still fail but it's a more viable setup.  

Oh it will.  I'm about ready to stop the torture.  Wednesday is dead and now we have to hope for a hail Mary.   I mean, I'm in for the ride, but I'm not optimistic.

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic

Archived