Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March Mid/Long Range Discussion 2

Cobalt

2 hours ago, cae said:

My understanding is that we need a more negative tilt to the trough.  Is that right?  By the time this storm really gets going, it's headed OTS. 

that was my thinking as well.  i think that look would be ok if we were talking about a miller A.  that looks more like a hybrid or B.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:
1 hour ago, psuhoffman said:
I count 6 gefs members that look like that cmc run. Then another bunch that are acceptable if not season savers. One member nails us twice and we get 3' next week. Lol 

Curious, how many GEFS members are there total? I know the EPS is 51, the GEFS closer to 20-something no?

I think it is 20 perturbed members plus the control

2 minutes ago, high risk said:

The NAM is "dry" at f84 because the 850 level (and levels around it) still look like garbage.   It's from the east, but it has only about 10-15 kt of flow, which won't get it done.

It's just getting its act together. But the last frame you can see the precip blossoming from the west as the upper level low catches up. 

5 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

It was just breaking out as the run ended. The upper low was about to close off over us and dump.  It was just getting good as it ended. Good run. 

3k improved with insitu CAD. The low off the coast fights off some of the mid level waa. The front running waa precip with the primary may end up being a light event in itself. 

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic

Archived