Newest Member
    joxey
-NAO Coastal Bomb March 1-3, 2018 Disco

WeatherFeen2000

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

It's not bad, I'm just saying it's nothing like the NAM.

If those bottom 2 panels aren’t snow to Islip then I’m Santa Claus.  Unless you’ve got a 1997-98 type air mass in place that is snow in early March 97 of 100 times.  The model thermals are overly torched much like they were with the event 10 days ago and this is much more dynamic 

2 minutes ago, NEG NAO said:

Every model snow map is wrong so far...……...

In an event like this with marginal temps most snow maps will suck except for higher terrain which are well cold enough.  We saw how bad they were with the system a couple of weeks ago when we saw 4 inches plus in many areas near NYC

6 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

The GGEM depiction I saw matches my idea over the last 2 days about to a T. I-90 centered storm with big totals from Buffalo to Boston. Nice totals interior/elevated areas in this subforum and maybe a few table scraps down to NYC and the coast with the closed low. 

Agreed - I think there will only be a coating if that east of the GSP and south of 78 in NJ - Interior Northern NJ could get moderate accumulations - as of today things could change - surface temps especially during daylight hours will be an issue unless intensity overcomes that

Archived