Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
The Pope's 'And There You Have It" SWFE Feb 7 2018

moneypitmike

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah prob about an hour to 90 minutes. These things can be kind of tough to nowcast...they will sometimes temporarily halt for a while.

Most of NW MA is probably going to come in at the lowest range of BOX forecast but that might only be due to the baking powder factor.  Probably high LE in this stuff. 8:1 type stuff. 

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Most of NW MA is probably going to come in at the lowest range of BOX forecast but that might only be due to the baking powder factor.  Probably high LE in this stuff. 8:1 type stuff. 

How much you got so far?

10 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah prob about an hour to 90 minutes. These things can be kind of tough to nowcast...they will sometimes temporarily halt for a while.

That blows.

7 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Our flakes have been pretty good the whole time.  At the moment, they're the wimpiest they've been, but coming down hard.  Just picked up my daughter from school--roads are pretty sh*tty.

Closing in on 4.5" here at the Pit.

21.1*

Just now, moneypitmike said:

That blows.

Our flakes have been pretty good the whole time.  At the moment, they're the wimpiest they've been, but coming down hard.  Just picked up my daughter from school--roads are pretty sh*tty.

Closing in on 4.5" here at the Pit.

21.1*

No surprise you are 1" ahead of me but looks like we are going to finish in the 5-7" range max.  

53 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Th is whole debate has been about the sfc front and the 32F isotherm. No one is debating snow totals or amped up mid levels. 

I thought this thread Was all encompassing Of all topics.

I And many others i would imagine care what snow forecasts and Totals are, And i was talking about them.

So if box cuts totals nobody cares? Hmm

1 minute ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I And many others i would imagine care what snow forecasts and Totals are, And i was talking about them.

I thought you were referring to the pope vs. the world disco.

Just now, White Rain said:

Over to sleet and ZR. about 2.75”, so near the low end of the BOX map. 25F

Yet more proof that with SWFE you can usually count on the changeover coming in and hour or two quicker than modeled.  To over perform in these you really need to get lucky and be in the best snow growth zone. 

Just now, STILL N OF PIKE said:

People are referring to the pope debate...he had rain for Dover, NH and ORH due to sfc low tracking too far inland. We'll see if that verifies.

Snow totals being cut I feel was acknowledged, but not a shock. Mid-levels had def trended warmer. Prob that N MA to ASH corridor will get the low end of their forecasts...

Archived