SnowHabit
February Discobs Thread

George BM

• H2O pinned this topic
  • Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Didn't see a thread for tonight's possible snow that's looking more and more likely. Many moved on days and days ago but I track every  storm threat . 

Some accumulations in some areas tonight ..I'll take whatever I can get . Hi res rgem below ..

hrdps_asnow_neus_42.png

No offense, but why would we have a thread for that?

11 minutes ago, mattie g said:

No offense, but why would we have a thread for that?

No offense mattie, but we did just have a thread for the snow that fell earlier this week where maybe a handful of us saw more than an inch out of it. 

4 minutes ago, mappy said:

No offense mattie, but we did just have a thread for the snow that fell earlier this week where maybe a handful of us saw more than an inch out of it. 

Oh, I know. At least that one looked somewhat interesting for a good portion of the area for a time. And even that was a pretty sad commentary on how things have broken this year.

I honestly don't care though. Just shooting the s**t.

2 minutes ago, mattie g said:

Oh, I know. At least that one looked somewhat interesting for a good portion of the area for a time. And even that was a pretty sad commentary on how things have broken this year.

I honestly don't care though. Just shooting the s**t.

true, and fair comment. tomorrow morning could be fun too. if anything its just nickles and dimes as this winter goes on. 

36 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Didn't see a thread for tonight's possible snow that's looking more and more likely. Many moved on days and days ago but I track every  storm threat . 

Some accumulations in some areas tonight ..I'll take whatever I can get . Hi res rgem below ..

hrdps_asnow_neus_42.png

These little events are our specialty. Maybe we can squeeze out an inch or so..

Does it matter... have a thread and so what if only 5 people look at it. Don't have a thread and we can post in here since it's less than 24 hours away. No reason to get heated either way. 

I think this entire forum needs to rent a few charter busses and take a long weekend somewhere with 3 feet of snow and have a huge snowball fight, go sledding, make a giant snowman, down a few Irish coffees and got chocolate and come back refreshed. 

2 minutes ago, mattie g said:

I've gotten a few pennies and one nickel. It's been really bad...but not as bad as 2011-2012. :lol:

for some reason i can't remember how bad that winter was. that was the one with the october snow, right? 

Just now, psuhoffman said:

Does it matter... have a thread and so what if only 5 people look at it. Don't have a thread and we can post in here since it's less than 24 hours away. No reason to get heated either way. 

I think this entire forum needs to rent a few charter busses and take a long weekend somewhere with 3 feet of snow and have a huge snowball fight, go sledding, make a giant snowman, down a few Irish coffees and got chocolate and come back refreshed. 

not sure anyone got heated. at least mattie and i weren't. 

4 minutes ago, mappy said:

for some reason i can't remember how bad that winter was. that was the one with the october snow, right? 

I misread it. Saw your later replies. I think I was just assuming it was about to be go time given the mood in here lately. The rest of my post still stands. 

1 minute ago, psuhoffman said:

I misread it. Saw your later replies. I think I was just assuming it was about to be go time given the mood in here lately. The rest of my post still stands. 

All good, and understood. Things are a bit tense around here. 

And yes! A road trip to a bunch of snow would be great. 

25 minutes ago, mappy said:

I think that may have been the October snow year. We didn't get anything but a mulch-topper in that one, and without looking at my notes (which are buried somewhere deep in the recesses of my home computer) I have no idea about any "events" during the rest of that winter!

And definitely agreed about not being heated. Mine was a passing comment - one that can be taken the wrong way on a medium like the interwebs.

3 minutes ago, mattie g said:

I think that may have been the October snow year. We didn't get anything but a mulch-topper in that one, and without looking at my notes (which are buried somewhere deep in the recesses of my home computer) I have no idea about any "events" during the rest of that winter!

And definitely agreed about not being heated. Mine was a passing comment - one that can be taken the wrong way on a medium like the interwebs.

yeah I think that is the late October snow year. We were still in Cockeysville, and I recall Fozz driving north through Parkton into PA to see a few inches. PSU/Highstakes/Loseto6 probably saw something decent out of it since it was pretty elevation dependent. 

the rest of that winter i have no memory of, so i guess it was awful. 

6 hours ago, mappy said:

yeah I think that is the late October snow year. We were still in Cockeysville, and I recall Fozz driving north through Parkton into PA to see a few inches. PSU/Highstakes/Loseto6 probably saw something decent out of it since it was pretty elevation dependent. 

the rest of that winter i have no memory of, so i guess it was awful. 

I had 8" up here. Mostly scraps the rest of that winter. 

11 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Picked up 0.21" here(with some wet snowflakes at the end). Tack that onto January's total and I am over 4" here over the past month+ a couple days. Officially "abnormally dry here" but you would ever guess it.

you have 4 inches of liquid in January?

On 2/1/2018 at 7:49 AM, psuhoffman said:

Where do I sign up? You're gonna need someone to dig you out in case the bus gets stuck in a giant snowbank somewhere.

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived