joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Mid/Long Range Discussion

George BM

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the surface low stays to our south and east... I really think we have a chance. We are in peak climo and it has been really cold over the last few days.. I know the column will give at some point but I have this feeling that it will surprise us up front... That being said if we get a western track... We're basically toast.

23 minutes ago, PDIII said:

If the surface low stays to our south and east... I really think we have a chance. We are in peak climo and it has been really cold over the last few days.. I know the column will give at some point but I have this feeling that it will surprise us up front... That being said if we get a western track... We're basically toast.

Its transient cold though. No HP to the north to hold it in place. If it was cutting into an arctic air mass we would have a shot for a thump. But as modeled we are done.

CMC going with congrats SE/Delmarva (again) :P

We'll have to see what next run says, but at least another model isn't yet on-board with latest GFS/west solution.

Edit: Looks like CMC and the ICON are colder earlier (ICON has the surface temps coldest furthest south) which I'm guessing is how they are getting more snow out of the event.

gem_asnow_neus_19.png

3 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Surprisingly yea, it's an improvement over the last 2 runs. 

I clicked through the panels and laughed. Nearly complete disagreement with the op. I'm lowering my bar to just seeing snow fall for 2 hours. I'm good with that and I'm not even kidding. Being 100% rain is the only thing I need to avoid to not be mad at this one. 

5 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

You're in the best spot for this one. I'm mostly screwed unless things get rolling early Sunday. The gefs run is prerty much a carbon copy of the euro if you remove the outiers.

Don't take e2 and e8 away from me man.  

Actually most of that snow is from the follow up wave that the op doesn't like either but gefs seems to think has a chance. 

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic

Archived