Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 16/17 light snow event.

clskinsfan

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

I can already predict the eps run...lol. majority support for the op with some juiced and dry outliers. Hopefully the dry outliers are out numbered by the juiced ones but I doubt it. 

Bob, you thjink the EPS will show any potential/ trends for possible Jan.  22 to 23 rd event ? That's are last real chance , if I am correct,  as after that there is the resumption of the Jan. thaw. 

5 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

It's very dicey. Cva jackpots becuase of close proximity to good upper level support. Which was a marked improvement fron 0z. The localized nature of the setup is a bit of a bummer for the reasons you just pointed out. I'm actually a bit surprised with the run. It's maximizing what's available but not really close to getting broad coverage to the north. Interesting take on the event without much support. Could be the euro's amp tendencies at play. If it still looks similar in 24 hours it will be more believable.  

I feel that odds are a hair better than 50/50 I get my 2". One thing to keep in mind is that the models have been pretty insistent on jackpotting CVA. If they don't start shifting it north by 0z run, we're probably out of the game on that happening.  Jmho.

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

I can already predict the eps run...lol. majority support for the op with some juiced and dry outliers. Hopefully the dry outliers are out numbered by the juiced ones but I doubt it. 

Yes and a couple will show 12"+ storm for Norfolk and ENC

1 minute ago, frd said:

Bob, you thjink the EPS will show any potential/ trends for possible Jan.  22 to 23 rd event ? That's are last real chance , if I am correct,  as after that there is the resumption of the Jan. thaw. 

Too far out to think on absolutes. Personally, I think after the warm rainer in a week or so will be the last of the really warm stuff. Ensembles are converging on potential troughing in the east on the means d12+ and no longer digging troughs to San Diego. This is a really bad year for d10+ stuff. 

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

Too far out to think on absolutes. Personally, I think after the warm rainer in a week or so will be the last of the really warm stuff. Ensembles are converging on potential troughing in the east on the means d12+ and no longer digging troughs to San Diego. This is a really bad year for d10+ stuff. 

Ha ha true. This winter so far has been educational learning more about model bias, and how even the Euro has issues.  

5 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Feeling good about my if not 1-3 then more call. I'm skeptical as heck until something other than the dethroned king and his minions show it  

Its hard to buy into at this point, but the evolution is at least conceivable, and it is the Euro, not the JMA lol. An inch or 2 for this event is a major win in my book.

Most of those good euro ens solutions do it the same way. H5 closes off and the coastal tucks in close going into NJ or NY like Thanatos posted. 

Not sure how much I buy that progression but it's hard to completely discount when more than 10 ens members do the same thing.  Maybe this is one of those times when we see the solution in the med or lr and then lose it before coming back at the end. 

Archived