Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter String

George BM

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Amped said:

To bad about the GGEM, but remember, trends only count when they're in our favor. That's why nobody mention the UKMET trending east today.

You know the drill. Hug the model that has the most snow, and then act surprised that it didn't snow like that model showed.

4 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

I have a feeling harsh reality will set in tonight. 

If this is truly a Jan 25 2000, redux, everything will look like crap, then magically 8 hours before the storm radar to our south will light up like a Christmas tree and NWS will be scrambling to hoist Winter Storm Warnings.  This is the ultimate weenie hope....

4 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Yea, euro might take away my half inch of snow. Soul crushing. 

That thread got to 20 pages in 8 hours. You know that isn't because people were just casually tracking a snow for ocean city. Way too many are expecting or at the least dreaming of that last 50 mile west trend to get us into a significant event. I'm not picking on them. Good for their weenie souls. But realty will hurt some when it settles in.

2 minutes ago, GATECH said:

If this is truly a Jan 25 2000, redux, everything will look like crap, then magically 8 hours before the storm radar to our south will light up like a Christmas tree and NWS will be scrambling to hoist Winter Storm Warnings.  This is the ultimate weenie hope....

I often wonder if that's even possible anymore with the advancements in NWP over the last 17 years. My guess is it isn't. The days of short term megabusts are probably over....

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived