Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 4-6 Coastal Bomb

Baroclinic Zone

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

The Queens saying is a joke. I mentioned the occlusion process, but it also may not be handling things well and shunt it east too quickly. It's a highly anomalous storm and may not be handled well. I see everyone mentioning the possibilities, but I would highly advise the HFD CT valley people to keep an eye out on higher totals.

I think we are aligned pretty well.  

On that EURO run I still think it would be snowier than shown from say CT Valley to ORH up to the Lakes Region.  Like HubbDave area up to Winni especially.

But hey maybe the NAM is right and it's Warning snows back way up here.

But as discussed last night, it would be nice to get some A-team players in that realm to start thinking it.  ARW/NAM/RPM team isn't what you are looking for and we still didn't see a big global shift.  Even the GGEM has been taming it down on its super amped runs.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

Once it occluded don't you start to lose the good conveyor belts?  It always seems to get more shredded and banded too.  So you come away with more of the "winner and losers" type strength rather than a strong conveyor belt system where everyone sees similar totals.

Not every occlusion results in a warm seclusion. The best dynamics shift toward the triple point and new lows redevelop while the primary rots.

Just now, dendrite said:

Not every occlusion results in a warm seclusion. The best dynamics shift toward the triple point and new lows redevelop while the primary rots.

Sometimes you develop a good TROWAL right ahead of that occluded front. That will be a nice isentropic upglide, march 2013 style. In this case, it's just massive WAA..even with the seclusion. You can see good  isentropic lift on the 300K surface on the GFS.  

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I think we are aligned pretty well.  

On that EURO run I still think it would be snowier than shown from say CT Valley to ORH up to the Lakes Region.  Like HubbDave area up to Winni.

The arc that is like needles stabbing my eyes.

I'll be struggling for 3" while watching a webcam near Pit2 showing whiteout conditions

57 minutes ago, Wentzadelphia said:

The changes on the OP 12z EURO aloft were absurd for this time frame. The 250mb jet is misplaced like 500 miles. 

I'm feeling majorly confident E NE is going to see an all-timer honestly. This is going to keep improving I have no doubt. 

I wish I could afford a road trip right now, anyone want to let me stay with them for a few days? lol

If you help with Sledding Trails than yes lol.  

16 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Lol  that. He’s half empty he

Lol

Blizz

I See 5-10 from HFD to MHT and east to ORH and you as a good Starting point.

I said i see best shot for a foot in E Ma.Inside 495 and high winds, esp for cape cod. So blizzard conditions seem likely to me for E Ma.

That IS Still consistent w concerns that mid levels bomb well S.W and we dont get What we could've Especially outside of 495. (I.E wide spread totalsOf 10-15")

2 minutes ago, 78Blizzard said:

A few hours ago the WC said even a shift west of 50 miles would bring heavier snow to inland areas and blizzard conditions on the coastal plain in the NE.

Wish I could post the ensembles but I can't. There's definitely a bunch of them W or SW of the mean. Not nearly as many east of mean as before.

7 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Lol

Blizz

I See 5-10 from HFD to MHT and east to ORH and you as a good Starting point.

I said i see best shot for a foot in E Ma.Inside 495 and high winds, esp for cape cod. So blizzard conditions seem likely to me for E Ma.

That IS Still consistent w concerns that mid levels bomb well S.W and we dont get What we could've Especially outside of 495. (I.E wide spread totalsOf 10-15")

I am concerned that there is a lot of dry air to overcome.  Its not like this is spinning up in a moint environment.

The GEFS and EPS are almost identical with storm impact back this way. Even for eastern CT the GEFS and EPS have only a handful of members producing >1" of liquid. 

It's all going to come down to whether the non-hydrostatic/convection allowing models will do a better job than the global models with storm track. 

Goal posts narrowing.  I expect some small moves between now and 12z tomorrow, but as an EARLY ROUGH estimate, I'd pin numbers for SNE as:

8-14" ASH-ORH-GON and east (including BOS, PVD, PLY)*

4-8" ORE-HFD-HVN and east

2-4" ORE-HFD-HVN and west

2-6" Cape and MVY

1-4" ACK

*Blizzard conditions possible along the immediate coast of E MA...

Archived